GEOSATpro KRBK

I rescanned 99w and the 3720 H 8703 transponder is taking quite some time to lock. Service logging is hit and miss. Doesn't seem to be associated with the firmware version.

We have made a TS recording of the transponder data and provided for the factory engineer to review. We will work with them to determine how to make the signal lock more reliably on this transponder.

I logged the FEC as 3/4 on a blind scan and renamed the channel. Interesting that some users have different results.

Attachments

• DSC00257.JPG
    DSC00257.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 157
On a hunch I checked the CNR on the transponder and found that it was quite low on my system. Spent a few minutes on the roof and optimized the dish aiming. KRBK is now scanning in each time without error.

I deleted the 99w TPs and performed multiple blind scans. Also noted the reported 3/4 FEC on the microHD. Can anyone confirm this is the correct FEC for KRBK with any other receiver? I don't have any other way to test for a few days.

Okay Brian this won't help you at all,using AZUltra originally scanned with auto fec.Went to sat/tp edit,tried every fec,they ALL locked,100% Q.Deleted tp and tried again,again every fec worked??? So I don't know what's going on there,usually wrong fec no lock.:confused:

I manually entered the TP and found a new channel, KRBK (see pic). It took a few seconds for the meter to light up, but there it was.KRBK - 99w.JPG

Welcome to the site biggs!!

edit: ok I see you are not new, so congrats on first post..;)

Ok well this is what im seeing on this channel 3722/H/8703 pid V481 A482 (dolby) P481 Fec 3/4 DVB-S2 (8psk) 720p 60hz using newest firmware 20130218 and signal is 90 q 85 by seeing that i say its maxed out never seen Q this unit ever go past 85% its like the max i have to go to weaker channels to fine tune the dish but thats not hear nor there what i find is this channel dose not come right in i have to change pol v/h a few times to get this channel to come in then but if i leave the channel and then go back to it have to go thur the above till it comes in again but thats what im finding the rest of the 99w works no issues with any channels the rest of the ark is no issues

Try deleting the TP then blindscan to add the transponder and log the channel. Please let us know if that resolves the issue. The frequency setting requirement seems to be very precise for reliably locking onto this service.

Thanks Brain tryed that still same issue just tryed it again and no go but this time log 3723H8703 but its a weird issue it work good before they changed the freq but thems the breaks

Daytime hours it will not come in. At night it does come in. I can not pinpoint the time, but there is a difference between daytime and night.

Both posts sound like frequency drift on a DRO LNBF. If the frequency changes with temperature or from day to day, the LNB is not stable enough for reliable reception. H.264 and MPEG4 decoding requires significantly more signal stability.

This is an example of a reason to upgrade the LNB to a higher quality PLL type.

What kind of c-band PLL would you recommend? I am using a BSC-621 C/Ku combination at the moment. I am always looking to upgrade, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Pi

At this point you would need a Feedhorn with LNBs to have a PLL solution. If that is not an option, you might just try another LNBF that doesn't drift as much. Sounds like yours is affected by operating temperature shifts.

Well Thanks Brain tryed this deleting and rescanning a few more times tonight and came up same thing each time scans in every time no issues there but have to switch H/V few times to get the channel to come in i have no issues with day or night it alway scans in but never plays wright away 98% of the time it scans in as 3722 and 2% it scans in as 3723 i dont see any other channels issues at this time on any other sats just KRBK they did something with this channel i had the last firmware before the newest one thats here and it didnt even come in it always scan in but never worked so i updated the other day and now i can watch the channel but just have to give it a kick with h/v a few times and boom it works but guess no one else has this issue its just a weird one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)