GEOSATpro KRBK

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Anyone having trouble to get this channel in??? Micro not working with the new symbol rate..thanks.

Satellite? Transponder? Modulation? symbol rate?

If the 99w C-band, this is a 8/9 FEC. What size dish? LNB?

8/9 FEC requires a perfect signal to receive on any system.

Last edited:
Edited that TP and just changed to the new symbol rate in my Openbox S9s and it picked it up and I'm receiving it just fine? I read elsewhere that some other receivers were having "issues" with the switch though.

Satellite? Transponder? Modulation? symbol rate?

If the 99w C-band, this is a 8/9 FEC. What size dish? LNB?

8/9 FEC requires a perfect signal to receive on any system.
G-16..99.2w..
TP 3720/H/8703
V-481
A-482 dolby
PCR-481
FEC-1/4
SID-1
MOD-DVB-S2
using 10ft.dish with norsat lnb 8115..Have no issues with any other channels on this bird

That signal is so strong here I get it on my OTA antenna! ;):D

Of course I do happen to live about 45 miles from the transmission towers.

That 8/9 FEC may be your issue, your dish, etc. has to be near-perfect to pull that one in.

You might try pulling slightly up/down and left/right on the dish and see if that does it for you.

If the transponder takes excessive time to lock, you may need to optimize the dish aiming, skew or may consider a PLL LNB, larger or higher performance dish.

8/9 FEC requires the signal to be received with very few errors.

I deleted the old TP..then I re-scanned..htis is what the Micro came up with..FEC-1/4...how do I change the FEC to 8/9...or can I with the Micro??? OK...I hooked up the Pansat 9200HD..Comes in no problem>>>

I don't have my microHD hooked to a C-band dish now, but I did swing my old beatup Perfect 10 10 footer/GeoSat C2 with an Openbox S9 over to 99W for a look.

Went in and edited the SR on the existing tp to 8702, did a manual scan, and it jumped right in.

This is a VERY strong signal, bouncing from 82-85% Q here. I don't think I have ever seen a Q% higher than 85% on this setup.

I deleted the old TP..then I re-scanned..htis is what the Micro came up with..FEC-1/4...how do I change the FEC to 8/9...or can I with the Micro???

Export the UDF User Database file and edit with MES.

The channel was evidently logged during the channel scan, but the default FEC is auto. Since the Service is not locking, 1/4 is being displayed on the service information screen.

Have you tried leaving the channel tuned for a few minutes to see if the errors can be minimized long enough to lock the channel? When the channel locks, the proper FEC will be displayed.

Last edited:
I have not used the UDF User Database file or the ALI Editor or MES..I'm not familiar with it ..so I don't want to use it..I left it on the channel for a half an hour..still nothing...If there is something of importance on KRBK that I would like to watch,I will just switch over to the Pansat..Thanks for help Brian..and the rest of the guys..btw..the pansat is showing a very strong signal..92/95.

Last edited:
Try deleting the transponder, save and reboot receiver, then rescan.
Have no clue as to what the FEC is as that's one of the features of the S9.

During the rain delay on NASCAR, deleted and rescanned on the microHD, 7.5' Sami, GEOSATpro C2. Locks and displays within 2 seconds.

I pulled my microHD off of my Ku-only mancave setup and moved it to the other room and put it in place of the S9.

It had never scanned 99W C-band, so it was a fresh blindscan. It logged the KRBK tp at 3719 H 8703.

When I exited and went to KRBK got "No Signal"

Showing S of 45 and Q of zero...occasionally bouncing to 10.

I know I have some very old firmware in my unit...could that be the issue?

The exact same setup with the S9 was seeing a flamethrower of a signal.

Will scan again on Monday at the office with current release firmware (I currently have next version firmware loaded for testing). Don't want to swap firmware as I have a few DVR events scheduled.

If the transponder takes excessive time to lock, you may need to optimize the dish aiming, skew or may consider a PLL LNB, larger or higher performance dish.

8/9 FEC requires the signal to be received with very few errors.

I can lock the 9/10 stuff on 97w instantly, I'm getting 85% signal strength on those and on this transponder, it's just taking a long time to lock this particular transponder ever since they changed their settings. Is that still possibly a dish tuning issue? I'm using a 10' Unimesh with a DMX-741.

I rescanned to get KRBK back with my micro. I'm surprised the FEC is as high as reported and I didn't notice after rescanning. For 99W I have one of my 6' Prodelins fixed there and it comes in fine as do the other C band DVB-S2 TPs there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)