KU 97W Missing channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
Having a challenge, not sure if it is the microhd or a cable problem. Repaired coax with compression ends dielectric grease on the barrel threads, from being sucked into lawn mower. Loosing certain KU channels at times and other times it works, sometimes even flashing from a good signal to no signal.

Channels affected on 97W by this that I am aware of are: 3ABN, LBN Smart Lifestyles, Amazing Facts, Amazing Discoveries, CYC, QVC, KTV CH1, Russia Today, Saudi; 2. Today around 3PM Sun was out, and the channels were working. About 3:50 PM they were off and continue to be off. This mostly off stuff has been happening for about a week.

Channels noticed working all the time: TBN, Smile of a Child, JCTV, IBN, Press TV, ifilm English, CNC World English, Simaye Azadi, Assyriasat, EBRU.

If I get chance in the morning I may remove the barrel and remove the short end of coax.

This problem of missing stations has been going on for probably a week.

So what am I looking for to solve the problem?

Thanks for any and all help!

Likely a slight dish adjustment. A few transponders on 97w (including 11842) peaks with the dish panned slightly west of the aiming for most other transponders on 97w. If the dish has been optimized for one transponder, other transponders may be weak or lost. Also check that the LNBF skew (rotation angle) is correct and optimized. Some transponders are stronger and be received on a less than optimized alignment.

All the flaky channels are on Horizontal transponders, the good channels are Vertical. So you are having a voltage issue (can't switch to Horizontal at times). Since you already had a coax problem, that is where I would start to check for problems for the voltage loss. If you can, I'd run a new coax line, as you may not have gotten all the chewed up coax replaced (sometimes even a nick in the coax can cause problems later on). After that, if still having problems, I'd also check the coax connection at both the LNB and the receiver.

Reactions: jorgek
Thanks all!
I got it with your help. Removed barrel and short piece of coax, finally adjusted dish, and adjusted skew.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Keith Brannen
97W is coming in strong for me. But..Is EBRU missing? I get a 68% quality (good reception) but a blank or black screen for the last couple of days. Oh well, the Dr. Who were reruns anyway.

PS I chopped a foot of the top of my mast. The HH120 motor lifted the dish too high and it is now more stable in the wind, with no loss of signal. Spent the last week double checking the alignment. But that meant I screwed the signal analyzer in and out of the coax and LBNF. Maybe the coax is getting worn. I have another LBNF. Should I switch it back in? That may solve my problem with the loss of the LPB stations on 87W, Hope, hope

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)