This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ku-AMC21(125 W) Reception!!!! Toronto Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stbel55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
canada
Happy new year everyone/ Could anyone confirm they are receiving strong signal from this sat?? Ku-AMC21 (125 W ) Trying to lock in but having difficulty!!( Geosat1200HDVR,33"dish & linear 10750 LNB) Have received Sat before using same dish! If you are receiving could you tell me a strong transponder I could select for my dish aligning. I know It's not an easy sat to lock in but we're missing the good info PBS channels etc. If I know it's I strong active transponder I will brave the cold for a couple hours. (LOL) Cheers

12180 V 30000 S2/8PSK 3/4 Pilot off
Pretty strong tp for me here stbel55...Good luck out in the cold.

11980 V 30000 is about 15 points stronger for me here in Virginia on the weaker of my two systems. It's overcast and raining here and I've got a solid 72% Q on that one. All 19 channels on that TP are listed as encrypted but it's a good one to try to lock. [SIZE=-2]3/5 FEC QPSK DVB-S2[/SIZE] with pilot on.

12180 is only about 55/58% for me today.

Yup 11980 is a bit stronger here also Lone Gunman
12180=10.2db`s
11980=10.35db`s

Rainy,overcast here in Carolina too...Op must be out in the yard.

Yes, the transponders strength does vary according to weather and location compared to the signal. The dishes alignment at the persons home also will show the same differences depending on how well the dish performs receiving it. If the dish is being pounded by wind can also chronically effect the signals received. MPEG IV and its desire is stability of reception also, and effects full locking capability of FTA too. Combining all factors at the home leaves me with a question, How many times have you checked the alignment when the weather or recently watched these channels?

Here in Mississauga, in spite of the snow falling, 125W is solid. Even the hard to receive Montana PBS.
Your receiver must be DVB-S2 capable. There are no active DVB transponders.
Strong TPs:
12180 V 30000 in the clear programming.
11981 V 30000 is the strongest at Q75, however all the channels are scrambled, but should be easy to find.

Its not that hard to find just make sure you have line of sight to the sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.