Ku band amc-4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I just set up my 10 foot sami c and ku. Ku signals are strong from amc-6 all the way to g10R. One problem, seems some ku signals on amc-4 ku are really weak. the tp that has the Gospel music channel is not coming very well in the low 40's on my pansat 9200hd. I have tweaked and tweaked and can't seem to do any better.

I have checked F/D, focal point pulled up and down on the dish and it just gets worse. is the tp weak? It's the one with the symbol rate of 28128

nope AMC1 has the screwy skew

I have 75 quality right now on that TP on the 30" dish/Pansat 9200

only 17 degrees right now-have to wait til friday probably to work on it.

It just seems this bsc621 is such a trade off . If I peak ku then I lose C band and vise versa.

I have found what seems to be a happy medium compromise. I hate to compromise LOL.

only 17 degrees right now-have to wait til friday probably to work on it.

It just seems this bsc621 is such a trade off . If I peak ku then I lose C band and vise versa.

I have found what seems to be a happy medium compromise. I hate to compromise LOL.

The biggest reason I run different dishes for C & ku is because whenever you have dual bands on one feedhorn there will be loss on both ends. It's just the nature of the beast. Dedicated dishes for each band IMHO is the only way to get maximum performance. I like every bit of signal on every channel when possible. :)

compromise

I've been peeking at the BUD section for years, reading all the comments about dual-band LNBs and LNBfs
Users of the BSC621's sure have had a rough road to hoe.
But, I thought some had gotten 'em working at 90 to 95% as well as the traditional hardware.(?)
Do we need a FAQ or Guide for tuning those up? - :cool:

I recall about 4..5 months ago when Linuxman asked for input from users of the voltage controlled LNBfs.
Later, he ran a thread detailing his exploits with the dual-band model from SatAV.
There are some comments in it about tuning the BSC621, so it might be worth a read.

edit: don't forget there's a tech bulletin about adjusting the Ku probe on the 621.
And there is a PDF discussing the focal point, as well.

Last edited:
My ku part is lined up according to the tech bulletin, I just always thought once you got KU peaked that C-band would just fall into place. Not really true here.

I do have good performance on both now but as stated above -with compromise.
I just expected much stronger Ku band on a 10 foot dish. My smaller dishes 90cm will get the same quality level on ku. I just imagined that big new 10 foot mesh sami dish would just blast the signal meter to the moon on ku with all the gain.

It does on many channels (KU) but not all.

C-band on the 10 footer kills my 7.5's performance.

further observations

It seems as the frequency increases above 12xxx ku band downlink, the signal quality starts dropping rapidly. anything in the 11xxx range seems to boom in.

Maybe could be TI from somebody's radar detector. I have had that problem in the past.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)