Ku-Band LNBF Comparison Report

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree, but just how accurate would the results be? In other words, if you perform a blindscan, delete all transponders, perform another blindscan and repeat multiple times (lets say 6) would you always get the same number of transponders and channels even if using the same LNBF?

but what if you're not using the same LNB? When I did my testing I wanted to see if LNB A would pick up things LNB B couldn't (due to the narrow beam/symbol rate)

in addition to a post above when I scanned satellites its not like I scanned satellite X with LNB A then switched to LNB B
The only satellite I scanned back to back was 103. I scanned with wrong offset then right offset on Sadoun LNB then switched to Geosat and scanned wrong then right

Yes, but if a transponder is on the edge of being able to be scanned in one blindscan could receive it and the next scan might not.

True, that is why I will do 3 or 4 before I change LNBF's if I am testing.

True, that is why I will do 3 or 4 before I change LNBF's if I am testing.

That is actually a good idea. I guess it also depends on what satellite you are performing the blind scan on. Some satellites where there are a lot of news feeds I can see the possibility of additional transponders becoming active when LNBF's are switched.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)