Ku Band on mesh dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
There seems to be a combo C/KU band LNB that one could buy and have both your C and KU band from one dish (currently I have two dishes)... Since my C band dish is 8 foot mesh, will the KU stuff work OK with that ? someone told me that the dish should be solid for KU... I was not sure if it was just better to be solid - or - if it __had to be__ because KU does not work with Mesh dishes..

Last edited:
SO I am hoping you are suggesting the whole pencil, because my mesh has holes that do not allow the whole pencil - but I can slip the lead into the hole just fine... so its just the lead part... thats a pretty small hole one would have to have...

excellent reference... thanks... have to measure mine - but I think .250 inches is really big holes for what I expect to measure...

If you already have two dishes you can also get a second receiver and be able to use both dishes simultaneously. I have two DVB cards in my machine, one connected to a 90cm Ku only dish and the other connected to the big dish (C/Ku). Both are slaved through blind scan capable Pansat receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts