Fortec Ku Dish Replacement

According to a SG-2100 manual my motor elevation should be 56 degrees and dish declination should be 24.5 degrees.

Well, the dish declination angle would be about 5.5 degrees for your latitude, so for the sg2100 the dish elevation scale would be 30 - 5.5 = 24.5 degrees, I assume.
All that in 'traditional' angles. (I myself prefer the slightly different 'modified' motor angles, 55.4 and 25.1 degrees for your latitude; but that is not a great difference.)

So, when on your photo on the motor bracket the metal end, below the bolt, is the indication of the motor elevation, that would be about correct.
But I'm not sure if that is the way it is measured, on a sg2100.

The dish scale on your second photo now looks to be set at about 42 degrees, Edit: OOPS! I mean 38 degrees! , assuming the metal end left of the bolt is the indication mark.
When you say this was the dish scale setting before the assault, I'm puzzled...

Greetz,
A33

Edited!

Last edited:
Well, the dish declination angle would be about 5.5 degrees for your latitude, so for the sg2100 the dish elevation scale would be 30 - 5.5 = 24.5 degrees, I assume.
All that in 'traditional' angles. (I myself prefer the slightly different 'modified' motor angles, 55.4 and 25.1 degrees for your latitude; but that is not a great difference.)

So, when on your photo on the motor bracket the metal end, below the bolt, is the indication of the motor elevation, that would be about correct.
But I'm not sure if that is the way it is measured, on a sg2100.

The dish scale on your second photo now looks to be set at about 42 degrees, Edit: OOPS! I mean 38 degrees! , assuming the metal end left of the bolt is the indication mark.
When you say this was the dish scale setting before the assault, I'm puzzled...

Greetz,
A33

Edited!
So am I. When I initially set this up I followed the instructions for 24.5 degrees but the dish was way to low. You can see the rust mark where I had it. I ended up raising the dish until I received a signal and then tweaked it. Picture shows where I ended up and it worked across the arc.

Well, you can always leave the scales as they are, and check the angles with an inclinometer (or inclimeter app).

-pole plumb?

-motor elevation angle ~ measure on motor housing, where the axis comes out (or alternatively, on the bent axis/tube, taking the 30 degree (as stated for the sg2100) angle of the tube into account)

-dish elevation angle ~ elevation of the clarke belt in the direction due south is 50.5 degrees for you; subtract the offset angle of the dish (which you can calculate from height and width of the (flatfaced) dish)

Greetz,
A33

My replacement Ku dish arrived today. Going to order a new motor. I have reason to believe my current one was also damaged. Hopefully next weekend I can put up my new system. :clapping

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well I'm partly back up....new GeoSat Pro dish is up and running. Aligned correctly but having some issues with getting on the desired sat. & channels...I still think the motor is damaged. I will replace it this weekend. Found a new Stab HH90. PBS is still on AMC 21 correct ? Can't seem to hit that at all.

Reactions: c-spand
I'm back! Replaced the motor with a new Stab HH90, aligned the dish and so far so good! :) Slowly adding the satellites back in.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_104812731.jpg
    IMG_20211206_104812731.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 145

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts