Ku Dish Weight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
What are the actual weights of certain dishes? The 76cm Winegard says that it weighs 4.18kg/9.8 lbs. How does a Fortec 80 or 90 cm compare? The Geosat 90cm etc.? Thanks for the best forum on the net. Mike

Ice is the Winegard spec. in lbs. and the Fortec one in kg.? Are the fortec spec's for the dish only like the Winegard spec? Pete/ Brian how much does a Fortec 90cm weigh compared to a Geosat 90cm. Thanks, Mike

dishMIKE said:
Ice is the Winegard spec. in lbs. and the Fortec one in kg.?

D'OH!! but it seems like the Winegard is heavier when I installed both :)

but not as heavy as a 40x30 Primestar dish with the factory mount :D

The Fortec specs appear to be shipping weight not hanging weight.

The GEOSATpro 90cm offset is 12 lbs. (without universal wall / roof mount)
The GEOSATpro 1.2M offset is 29 lbs.
The GEOSATpro 2.4M Polar Mount / Prime Focus is 112 lbs.

SatelliteAV said:
The Fortec specs appear to be shipping weight not hanging weight.

The GEOSATpro 90cm offset is 12 lbs. (without universal wall / roof mount)
The GEOSATpro 1.2M offset is 29 lbs.
The GEOSATpro 2.4M Polar Mount / Prime Focus is 112 lbs.

I can say that the Fortec 1.2m is 31lbs (dish + lnb arm)> Saw it weighed at Sadoun.

The GEOSATpro dishes: Is that actuall hanging weight or shipping?

Quoted Geosatpro dish weights are based on actual hanging weight of the reflector, LNBF arm, elevation and mounting brackets.

cool.

so a little lighter than the Fortec.

So if the GOESAT 1.2 is 29lbs, what is the motor that you sell for it rated at?

Having a prob finding a motor for my fortec and it seems that the HH120 is my only option so far (or a 36v motor)

scottc98 said:
cool.

so a little lighter than the Fortec.

So if the GOESAT 1.2 is 29lbs, what is the motor that you sell for it rated at?

Having a prob finding a motor for my fortec and it seems that the HH120 is my only option so far (or a 36v motor)
I have the geosatpro 1.2 meter dish with the geosat pro hh120 motor which i think is the same motor as the sg2100 repackaged.I have the 55mm adapter tube and it moves the geosatpro 1.2 meter dish like it is a peice of paper.No problems going from 58w to 148w.Make sure to get the adapter tube and you should not have any problems.I bought it from one of the sponsors satelliteav.

Pete, the motor he's talking about is the GEOSATpro GS-120 (I think). It's probably made by Moteck for GeoSatpro. It has a downward mounting tube like the SG2100 and looks just like it.

Al

wildboys said:
I have the geosatpro 1.2 meter dish with the geosat pro hh120 motor which i think is the same motor as the sg2100 repackaged.I have the 55mm adapter tube and it moves the geosatpro 1.2 meter dish like it is a peice of paper.No problems going from 58w to 148w.Make sure to get the adapter tube and you should not have any problems.I bought it from one of the sponsors satelliteav.

The GEOSATpro GS120 with the 55mm tube is conservatively rated at 30lbs. In extended tests we have been operating a 35+lb / 1.2M Channel Master with a lightweight u-bolt mounting kit for over a year and a half on our in-house testing system. This has been done for a torture test and the system has passed through several 50+ mph wind storms without failure or requiring a reset.

While I would suggest a Stab HH120 for long term installations in harsh enviroment conditions, the GS120 with 55mm post kit handles the GEOSATpro 1.2M from H to H with ease. No slow motor movements on the eastern and western extremes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)