Tracking problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackal2403

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
i just installed a new mount for my dish and i get great recepition west of my true south,but,east i get no reception what so ever. any help would help. this setup is motor driven and my true south is 74 degrees

Last edited:
I guess your line of sight is clear?

If so I would start from the beginning again by motoring to "0" re-peak your signal on your true south satellite and double check your latitude and Longitude are set correctly in the antenna setup screen.

Attachments

• Pict0170.JPG
    Pict0170.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
And be sure your mount is plumb. Being a half bubble off can cause the problem you are having.( happened to me) Tracks well for half the arc and is off the other half.
grusome

Make sure that dish mount is tight to your motor arm, too. When I originally put mine up, there was a little "play" where the dish and motor are joined. When I would travel too far west, the dish would shift a little and I would lose everything. Once I shimmed it up a bit to close the gaps, wham! I got everything I expected to get.

Cheers,
Hantu

Unless you have a Universal lnb or a C-band dish, there's only a couple of sats you can get anything on, east of AMC6 @ 72.0w. The only two I get are Hispasat @ 30.0w and Pas3 @ 43.0w (and it's occassional only). I was getting Amazona's @ 61.0w, but it's gone sort of silent for now. You may could get Telstar12 also (although I haven't, Yet).

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)