Ku FTA Receiver With Internet EPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WH07

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2015
United States
Hello everyone! I got my GeosatPro Dish and MicroHD setup and looking at Galaxy 19 (97W) and I noticed that almost none of the channels are populating the electronic program guide. I know a number of you use the Amiko MiniHD and I was wondering if the EPG was able to be updated over the internet like through the schedulesdirect service. If not, do you know of any receivers that do? Also do any of you know of a good dual tuner receiver? Having to watch a channel on the same transponder when recording another channel kind of gets old. Thanks!

The only receiver that does that, and it's a proprietary data stream, is the new Amiko A3.

It has an EPG for "select" FTA channels on main ku- and C-band satellites over North America.

I haven't seen a list of channels, I'm not sure they have published one, but anyone with the A3 should be able to give you an idea for how complete it is.

The other alternative is to use a custom channel line-up in Titan TV. It won't feed into your receiver, but you can use your phone or website to check what's on many of the US, Canadian and Mexican networks.

The only receiver that does that, and it's a proprietary data stream, is the new Amiko A3.

It has an EPG for "select" FTA channels on main ku- and C-band satellites over North America.

I haven't seen a list of channels, I'm not sure they have published one, but anyone with the A3 should be able to give you an idea for how complete it is.

The other alternative is to use a custom channel line-up in Titan TV. It won't feed into your receiver, but you can use your phone or website to check what's on many of the US, Canadian and Mexican networks.

Yeah, I've used TitanTv before it's not bad. Seems a little finicky last time I tried it. I would thing there's a receiver that can pull in that internet EPG.

So after doing some research the Amiko A3 has something called CrossEPG. Does anyone know if this EPG dowload from an internet source?

The Amiko A3 is the receiver you want for the internet EPG from Amiko's private server. It doesn't have dual tuners though, and it has a big learning curve. It's basically an Android computer, and can run all sorts of Android apps, and IP tv, etc, etc.

I have an A3, but I don't have the EPG as it hasn't yet been released for legacy users, only for new receivers being shipped now. It will be released to legacy receivers eventually though.

The Amiko A3 is the receiver you want for the internet EPG from Amiko's private server. It doesn't have dual tuners though, and it has a big learning curve. It's basically an Android computer, and can run all sorts of Android apps, and IP tv, etc, etc.

I have an A3, but I don't have the EPG as it hasn't yet been released for legacy users, only for new receivers being shipped now. It will be released to legacy receivers eventually though.
Sounds pretty nice. Wow, looks like it supports ASTC via the HDhomerun, very nice. It's not that bad of a price either thanks primestar31.

An A3 is well worth having as a second receiver, BUT, for everyday use for "just watching tv", I still use my Micro HD receiver. It hasn't failed me, and works so well for dvr'ing shows. It moves to the sats I want, records the shows I like, and does everything well. The 30 second skip feature is one I use a LOT, lol. An EPG is great, but I leave a tab open in Firefox for TitanTv with my private lineup of channels that I watch. It doesn't take but a little time to check what's on, and setup a recording manually. If a new channel comes up on a sat, I just add it to my lineup if it's one I like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)