KU PBS feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well if you push the LNB in/out you can always get back to where it was. If the signal is marginal this may or not improve the signal.

This is interesting and it might be related with my location.
The PBS feeds come in at 60-70% on 125w the majority of the time. OETA fluxuates between 10-30%.

After re-installing, fine tuning, am confident that am almost 98.8% aimed right. However, while on 125w, if I drop the elevation by a
few degrees, OETA shoots up to 70% but then I lose 90% of Ku channels

Cheers, K

Kraven, did you ever get the PBS on 87 W to come in good? I got my SG2100 working again and now it seems that I can't pick up the 87 W PBS at all. Other transponders on 87 W are good and all other sats. on the arc from 72 W to 123 W are good. Been like this for two or three days now, kinda has me stumped. Never use to have any trouble at all with 87 W until just recently.

If all other tps on 87W have good quality, likely LPB is simply not broadcasting at times you checked. Check for the LPB colour bars on 11804 H 1250 if you don't see any signals from LPB2, LPB3, LPBHD on 11811 H 11149. But even the colour bars are missing sometimes.

Kraven, did you ever get the PBS on 87 W to come in good? I got my SG2100 working again and now it seems that I can't pick up the 87 W PBS at all. Other transponders on 87 W are good and all other sats. on the arc from 72 W to 123 W are good. Been like this for two or three days now, kinda has me stumped. Never use to have any trouble at all with 87 W until just recently.

The signal been flux'ing between 55 to 70% for a good 4-5 days now. OETA on 125w wont come in unless I adjust the elevation.

Kraven and Cyberham, thanks for the replies. I think I figured mine out. At 87 W my motor is jumping, you can actually see the whole dish shudder when it goes to or past 87 W. It's doing it at 97 W also, not nearly as bad as at 87 W though.

For probably a week or so the motor had stopped working completely, was just flashing the light on the bottom. A few days ago I finally got it to reset and work again but it looks as if I probably need a new motor, I'm sure this jumping is just going to get worse unless maybe some water got into it somehow and froze. Definitely not going to get another SG2100. I haven't been real pleased with this motor right from day one. I may pull it apart and check it out but not sure, probably will just buy a good motor and put this one into the spare parts pile.

Might have some gears stripped on that one. Go for a DG380 motor, mine's still running good after 3yrs or more. And it's so quiet it don't even scare the anoles off , when they're sunning on it.

Might have some gears stripped on that one. Go for a DG380 motor, mine's still running good after 3yrs or more. And it's so quiet it don't even scare the anoles off , when they're sunning on it.

3 years sounds real good, the SG2100 I have didn't even make it a year. Quiet is real good too, my Ku dish is about twenty five feet from our horse pen and sometimes the noise of it moving spooks them a little, it definitely has never been quiet. Looking on Sadoun's I see that they have the DG380 for $89 and it has metal gears inside too.Looks good, I'm gonna order one. Thanks, Turbosat!

3 years sounds real good, the SG2100 I have didn't even make it a year. Quiet is real good too, my Ku dish is about twenty five feet from our horse pen and sometimes the noise of it moving spooks them a little, it definitely has never been quiet. Looking on Sadoun's I see that they have the DG380 for $89 and it has metal gears inside too.Looks good, I'm gonna order one. Thanks, Turbosat!

My DG380 will be 6 years old in March. It has never had any problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)