KU PBS feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Right now its raining cats and dogs.. waiting for the cow to fly by any moment.
I took a twirl of the arc and noticed both PBS feeds on 87w and 125w and coming in at 25-30% (much stronger yesterday).
Other regular transponders on both says are still hovering in the 70%+ range.

Can anyone confirm, or deny, the PBS trans. are weaker than others? Having spend a good portion on my day yesterday reaiming/re-wiring...the last thing i
want is to get back up there.

Cheers, K

Right now its raining cats and dogs.. waiting for the cow to fly by any moment.
I took a twirl of the arc and noticed both PBS feeds on 87w and 125w and coming in at 25-30% (much stronger yesterday).
Other regular transponders on both says are still hovering in the 70%+ range.

Can anyone confirm, or deny, the PBS trans. are weaker than others? Having spend a good portion on my day yesterday reaiming/re-wiring...the last thing i
want is to get back up there.

Cheers, K

Mine on 87 W has been like this for a few days now, intermittently good signal and then poor. This morning the quality was at 67 % and then this afternoon it was in the 30's. Right now it's 0 %, but they probably blanked it out for sports or something. Usually it's very good quality here and like yours, the other transponders are fine. I'd thought my Ku dish must've gotten knocked out of whack or something, but maybe it hasn't. 125 W here is always iffy for me. It's the Curse of Cyberham!

Last edited:
Intermittent is right. Yesterday morning, 87w's PBS were floating at 30% ish and up to 65% at night without much change in the weather.

on 125w... PBS feeds on 12180 is now at 70% (12180), up from 30% on the weekend. OETA (12112) barely comes in at 20%.

Cheers, K

I have been getting 125 W on and off since June. I have 2 FTA friends here that also have the same problem.

I'm in Virginia, not Vermont or Canada, but I don't see the wild signal variations in 12180 that others are seeing. It is a partly cloudy day today and 12180 is a solid 64% on my TeVii S660, and on overcast days is more like 60%, decreasing as the weather gets worse. A bad storm will take it out.

I know I'm not aimed quite right because I've had OETA higher before (sits at 47% now in good weather, instead of the almost 60% it used to have in clear weather) and Montana is almost off the cliff at 42%, but even when I was aimed right 12180 didn't go higher than 72%.

- Trip

Last night, overcast and cold, all PBS feeds were coming in at 65-70% except for OETA which didnt even register

OETA (125W). Anyone else get it, or not?

Coming in fine here, at SQ that is only slightly less (3-4%) than I normally get it at. To put it in perspective of other transponders, it is about 10% less than 12180 V, about 5% lower than the 11980 V Claro TP, and a few points lower than the 12120 H data transponder.

Of course, I'm not in what appears to be the problem areas (east/west coast and/or fringe areas)

OETA is problamatic for me. I don't get a signal from it at anytime, yet 12180 is solid all the time.

Have you tried rotating Lnb in holder in counter clockwise direction as well as moving in/out distance adjustment within lnb holder. I am in southern NY state but have received OETA in central ny state as well on 36" dish 90% Q . OETA & Montana pbs is about the best PBS left to us FTA ers. Louisiana pbs on 87W plays games & is only available "occasionally" WYCC was great while it lasted on Cband side of 87W. I for one think all pbs signals across the USA should be available using any legal antenna necessary to receive. Why should a PBS public station be concerned about "Markets Locations etc etc. Anyways good luck.

Tried all that you suggested. My dish is on a motor so skew is adjusted when the dish moves.

My real issue is that its only a 31" dish.

At my True South position, the LNB is in the middle of the holder. I could try pushing it in and/or out...but at the risk of losing what I have now.. dunno about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts