ku PLL lnbf question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I switched out an lnbf a few days ago for one of these new geosat pll ku lnbfs. It seems to work great, but I am scanning in a few feeds on both H & V, so far on only one satellite, 85w. Anybody else using one of these might try it now while these hs basketball games are going on, and see if they get them on both polarities too.
I'm wondering if an uplink might have their skew off and causing my 1m to see the signal both ways. I'm pretty sure it have the skew correct on my dish...

Nope, don't have that problem, just scanned. But I have to be careful to aim the 30 inch, with the Titanium PLL, so as to not (or minimize) also picking up the adjacent satellite.
Are you seeing = Q on both polarities? Might there be some foreign mater on the feed cover 'skewing' some signal???

The only satellite I get dual polarity scans with the geosat ku pll lnbf is 103w on the transponder with the beach cams haven't seen an issue on any other satellites with the lnb

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
When I first got my Avenger 321 pll lnb it would do the same thing. Usually just on 91w, but occasionally elsewhere. Seems like it stopped after a couple of weeks. Not sure if it was a factor, but 91w is my true south sat.

I'm at 86.5w so I usually just go to 87 to check the skew, but I honestly don't recall if I did that or not when I stuck the new one on. I might've just swapped it on 91, and eyeballed it. Most of the time that works, but I think I'll run the dish to 87 and go look again. I know I had to move the lnbf back about 1/2" from the dish to get the highest signal. Waiting on a warm day to get a receiver and tv out there to tweak .

check your wire I had simlair problems with my RG-6 cable wiggle the wire around on the back of your reciever just check your wires.

dan Rose

Think I got it, adjusted the skew a little bit while aimed at 87w. Been having OTA antenna problems for several days, working that has delayed my satellite-playing. I've almost worn a hole on the roofing adjusting stupid tv antenna lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)