KU to C band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lvbob

Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
usa
I currently have a 33" dish with LNB for KU band FTA. Could I replace the 33" with a 1.2 meter dish, LNB for C band and receive the C band satellites. Also would my current receivers work (Viewsat and AZBOX) Thanks Bob in Las Vegas.

Welcome to Satellite Guys! 1.2 m would give you great results on Ku-band, but isn't truly designed for C-band. That being said, if you get a conical scalar and C-band lnbf for your 1.2 m, you would definitely get some of the C-band programming (but not all of it, and even many those stations you get will have unreliable reception). In the end, I wouldn't "replace" your 33" dish, but it could be a nice addition for some of the C-band programming. And yes, those receivers should work fine.

I have a 1.2 meter dish in Ontario Canada and don't get everything or nearly everything but I do get enough to keep me entertained. I get ME TV on 97W which is very good and several ABC, NBC, and FOX channels along with your usual garbage channels....ie, tv sales, religious etc. Also at 58W I get NHK HD channels in English. I think it's worth your effort. Hey it's free entertainment and the channels that work are working well.

I currently have a 33" dish with LNB for KU band FTA. Could I replace the 33" with a 1.2 meter dish, LNB for C band and receive the C band satellites. Also would my current receivers work (Viewsat and AZBOX) Thanks Bob in Las Vegas.

I forgot to add this dish is attached to a 100HH sat motor with USALS.

I have a 1.2 meter dish in Ontario Canada and don't get everything or nearly everything but I do get enough to keep me entertained. I get ME TV on 97W which is very good and several ABC, NBC, and FOX channels along with your usual garbage channels....ie, tv sales, religious etc. Also at 58W I get NHK HD channels in English. I think it's worth your effort. Hey it's free entertainment and the channels that work are working well.

If that is a Stab HH100 motor, It is not recommended that you use a dish bigger than 1 meter. Stab has the HH120 for a 1.2 meter dish.

The problem with using an offset dish for C band, is adjacent satellite interference. That is one of the limiting factors to receiving Cband on a small dish. If space permits (and zoning), I would seriously consider a 10 foot dish. With a well aimed 10 footer, there isn't much that you can't receive (C band or Ku band), and the cost is close to the same for a used dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)