KULZ Univision C-Band with 90 cm Offset Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah , I can see that now. I really like how is built. I just finished assembling and installing everything on the pole for now. Took me 5 hours!!! and needed extra help a lot. I dont see an installer doing this install by his/her own only like with a Ku dish. Even had a hard time fuguring out every bolt and nuts , it has so many!!. It is on a 3 feet tripod for now and beleive me even though I am atheist , I am praying for the weather to stay calm for a few days as already forecasted!, lol. The tripod is extra secured and has buildings and bushes that block the wind but it is only a tripod, so, fingers crossed!.

I will start installing the 3" Schedule 40 pole tomorrow. I am planning on using a 6 "long pole , buried 2 feet with lots of cement around and extra horizontal bars at the bottom to avoid the pole from turning after years, will wait 24 hours and then by friday everything will be done. Tomorrow I will also attemp to dial in 72W for Nasa and company just to get a feel and knowledge of how this dish works. One of the LNB arms , its end was not properly bent , so I had to bent it to put it like the others.

Fortec 6 Footer Setup

Hi HD Fan,

Good to hear that you took the plunge and got yourself a 6 footer. I know what you mean about the bolts and the complication of setting it up. The instructions that come with the dish are useless and you are left to figure it out on your own for the most part. Not sure about using a tripod for that dish? It is a relatively light weight dish for a 6 footer though. Take some pictures once you are done setting it up. Are you going to install a motorized system? Maybe we can compare notes once you are done?

Good Luck!

The tripod was just a temporary thing since I assembled the mount on it, then attached the dish to it. I said 3" Schedule 40 but it ended up being 2.5" Schedule 40 since the 3" Schedule 40 is acctually 3.5" Outside Diameter. The problem is the piece of paper that comes with the dish (even useless as bathroom tissue, cuban newspapers are even better!!!, lol) states 3" pole so I thought that Schedule 40 or any kind of pipe was always 3" outside , it is not. Depending on the industry apparently some calls it by the OD some by the Inside Diameter. Go figure!.

I will use an actuator arm , probably 24" but have not decided yet, in the near future, for the time being it will be fixed, on 43W for Televisa Networks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts