KungFu HD and FilmFest HD now on Voom

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
San Francisco, Calif.
9479 and 9480 are now KNGFU (KungFu HD) and FILMF (Film Fest HD) on Dish Network. They had been showing their new bugs this morning, but my guide just flipped to the new designators a few minutes ago.

No new channels yet though. :( :(

Goodbye GuyTV

Television for Guys.

We will miss you, and thanks!

PS. The HDNews channel is still showing Majestic promos. I hope they add the new channels soon. There is alot of GuyTV content that now does not have a home unless they really stretch the genre's!!

Here is what the guide lineup looks like now.

Attachments

• stats4.jpg
    stats4.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 362
What are the title of the movies on FU HD?

According to PGI yesterday it was supposed to be:

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: Executioners (1993)
ananew5.gif

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: Dragon Lord (1982)
ananew5.gif

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: Zatoichi: Blind Swordsman & Chess (1965)

What are they showing now?

Today (Tuesday):

Dragon Lord
Executioners
American Ninja 2

Starting at 5 p.m.:

Supercop 2
Project A
Zatoichi: Blind Swordsman & Chess ...

I just saw it shows more than 3 movies per day but are they actually showing what the PG says. This morning Executioners was supposed to be playing at around 6am. I DVR'ed and checked this morning but instead I've got one episode of the Zatoichi Japanese series.

New Voom Channel 9480 Guy TV Now Kung Fu Channel

Yep .. i am looking at my on screen PG .. 9479 now says KNGFU instead of GUYTV and there is now a 9480 which is FILMF .. I would say the changes are happening.
Sorry if this is another Thread with this but i am excited!! :D

philhu said:
I hope they add the new channels soon. There is alot of GuyTV content that now does not have a home unless they really stretch the genre's!!

It looks like Film Fest will be the home for anything that doesn't fit into the themed channels- not just "art" films. This week is all comedies, next week looks like Majestic again, week after that is movies made from books, and the last week is music/rock movies. Someone else saw a clip from a Bond movie in a promo. Seems pretty cool. I don't see why anything from GuyTV or Majestic couldn't fit in. If anything, this one channel should offer more than the other two combined.

Sean Mota said:
I just saw it shows more than 3 movies per day but are they actually showing what the PG says. This morning Executioners was supposed to be playing at around 6am. I DVR'ed and checked this morning but instead I've got one episode of the Zatoichi Japanese series.

I turned it on at 8 this morning (10am your time). Dragon Lord was on, and Executioners came on at 8:20 or 8:25 (whatever time it was supposed to.)

I think the overnight schedule was screwed up...maybe they didn't know what time the switch was going to be made. Last night, the schedule on both channels had generic "Movie" listings, but GuyTV and Majestic was still on.

FILMF is an anagram for LIFMF. It could be Lifetime Movie for Females in HD. Dish isn't yanking Lifetime, they are upgrading them to HD.

That is a good point about FilmF and Lifetime!! there are a few other networks that could use a little competition such as: SCI FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)