KVIE 6 (PBS) Sacramento, Not Found via OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Is anyone in the Sacramento area having issues with KVIE 6 on their 922 over the air tuner? It no longer is found when I scan, and I have tried multiple times. All others come in strong, even some San Francisco stations, but not KVIE. I am less than 20 miles from the antenna farm in Walnut Grove.

I get KVIE fine on both of my 211 receivers.

KVIE really broadcasts on Channel 9 (you see 6 because of twhat is called PSIP data) try to manulaly add channel 9 and wee if that helps.

Yes I realize that the Digital Channel numbers differ from the station number. There is no way to manual search with the 922. It only has a scan option.

Yes I realize that the Digital Channel numbers differ from the station number. There is no way to manual search with the 922. It only has a scan option.

I apologize. I do not own a 922 but I have helped people set them up. I could have sworn that there was a n option to "add locals" in the menu just as there is for other receivers. when i looked online I saw a screen that indicated that there was http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/Setup-OTA-Module but I take your word that tehre is not. I hope someone else can provide more assistance.

I looked at the link and that is definitely not the 922 setup menu, that looks more like the 211 that I have.

According to the link it is supposed to be common to several receivers including the 922. Having said that it may have been changed in a software update---either that or my memory of seeing that in a 922 is faulty. Either way I am surprised that the 922 does not have this capability but it looks like that is the case. I hope that another 922 owner can help you---but it may simply be impossible except by repeated rescanning and there is no guarantee that will work.

Last edited:
According to the link it is supposed to be common to several receivers including the 922. Having said that it may have been changed in a software update---either that or my memory of seeing that in a 922 is faulty. Either way I am surprised that the 922 does not have this capability but it looks like that is the case. I hope that another 922 owner can help you---but it may simply be impossible except by repeated rescanning and there is no guarantee that will work.

I actually got a new Clearstream2 HD antenna, hooked it up indoors, and now I get KVIE at about 75%. I was using an amplified RCA table top antenna, but noticed great fluctuations in signal quality, the Clearstream seems more stable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts