KVIE 6 (PBS) Sacramento, Not Found via OTA

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Is anyone in the Sacramento area having issues with KVIE 6 on their 922 over the air tuner? It no longer is found when I scan, and I have tried multiple times. All others come in strong, even some San Francisco stations, but not KVIE. I am less than 20 miles from the antenna farm in Walnut Grove.

I get KVIE fine on both of my 211 receivers.

KVIE really broadcasts on Channel 9 (you see 6 because of twhat is called PSIP data) try to manulaly add channel 9 and wee if that helps.

Yes I realize that the Digital Channel numbers differ from the station number. There is no way to manual search with the 922. It only has a scan option.

Yes I realize that the Digital Channel numbers differ from the station number. There is no way to manual search with the 922. It only has a scan option.

I apologize. I do not own a 922 but I have helped people set them up. I could have sworn that there was a n option to "add locals" in the menu just as there is for other receivers. when i looked online I saw a screen that indicated that there was http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/Setup-OTA-Module but I take your word that tehre is not. I hope someone else can provide more assistance.

I looked at the link and that is definitely not the 922 setup menu, that looks more like the 211 that I have.

According to the link it is supposed to be common to several receivers including the 922. Having said that it may have been changed in a software update---either that or my memory of seeing that in a 922 is faulty. Either way I am surprised that the 922 does not have this capability but it looks like that is the case. I hope that another 922 owner can help you---but it may simply be impossible except by repeated rescanning and there is no guarantee that will work.

Last edited:
According to the link it is supposed to be common to several receivers including the 922. Having said that it may have been changed in a software update---either that or my memory of seeing that in a 922 is faulty. Either way I am surprised that the 922 does not have this capability but it looks like that is the case. I hope that another 922 owner can help you---but it may simply be impossible except by repeated rescanning and there is no guarantee that will work.

I actually got a new Clearstream2 HD antenna, hooked it up indoors, and now I get KVIE at about 75%. I was using an amplified RCA table top antenna, but noticed great fluctuations in signal quality, the Clearstream seems more stable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)