Kworld DVB-S Pci Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goulais

Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
I bought the Kworld card thinking I could use it as another receiver on my Dish Network System on my computer to record programs. I have the Dish 500 with two receivers. I certainly did not want to do anything illegal, but thought that "free" meant attaching another receiver (the pc card) to my existing system.. After reading these forums I realize that free satellite means using other satellite dishes, correct? This is an intriguing subject and I think I will try that. My neighbor has a 6 foot dish attached to his house that he doesn't use. I'm going to find out what kind it is and see if he will let me have it to try. I'll post back with what kind it is and see if you think that it will work for me. I'm located in Mount Olive, North Carolina.

Free Satellite means ITC (in the clear) programming, without unencrypting an encrypted signal. FTA means "Free To Air", which is ITC programming. I know nothing of the Kworld DVB-S PCI card, or any other PCI card for that matter. But, the card should work fine with the 6' dish. What you receive will depend on whether it's C-band, ku-band, or C/ku band. And you will need an analog receiver to move the dish, or a VBOX (something else I know nothing about), or a dish mover.

Al

goulais said:
My neighbor has a 6 foot dish attached to his house that he doesn't use. I'm going to find out what kind it is and see if he will let me have it to try.

If you were crafty you could run an RG6 with positioner wire to the dish and leave it bolted to his house ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)