KWWL Cedar Rapids, IA to gain CW affiliation Sept 12th

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/93889/cw-network-coming-to-kwwl-cedar-rapids

Quincy Media-owned NBC affiliate KWWL Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City-Dubuque, Iowa (DMA 90) is adding The CW to its 7.2 subchannel beginning Sept. 12.

The CW will replace ThisTV and will be available free over the air via antenna as well as on most cable and satellite distributors in high definition.

KWWL will continue to air NBC on ch. 7.1, as well as offering Memorable Entertainment Television (aka MeTV) on ch. 7.3.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/31705050/2016/04/12/the-cw-network-comes-to-kwwl-72-this-fall

Popular hit shows such as Arrow, the Flash, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Jane the Virgin and The 100 will become part of KWWL's programming offerings in September of 2016.
The CW network will air on KWWL 7.2, replacing thisTV and will be available free over the air via antenna as well as most cable and satellite distributors in high definition.
The changes come as a result of an agreement signed in 2015 between the CW network and KWWL Television, Inc.
KWWL Vice President & General Manager Jim McKernan said, “The CW is an excellent addition to our already successful portfolio of entertainment and information offerings from NBC, MeTV and KWWL.com. This is a station we look forward to developing into a legitimate alternative for both viewers and Eastern Iowa businesses.”
In addition to CW network and Saturday morning programming, KWWL plans to air a variety of shows such as The Real, Crimewatch Daily, Dish Nation, Access Hollywood, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, The Verdict and Judge Alex as well as many others.
KWWL will continue to be the NBC affiliate of Eastern Iowa on channel 7.1, as well as offering Memorable Entertainment Television (aka MeTV) on channel 7.3.
The switchover will occur on September 12th, 2016.

The changes come as a result of an agreement signed in 2015 between the CW network and KWWL Television, Inc.

interesting it was signed last year. Maybe it was part of the renewal? I know Quincy has CW+ on a fair amount of their stations
(edit: looks like 12 have it)

Hey wonder who will dethrone their contract next with This.....

Probably nobody. The thing to realize is when contracts were signed 3-4 years ago Weigel owned This. SO they offered This and Me as a "bundle" to some affiliates. Then Weigel sold This to Tribune (so they could start Movies!) and now you had stations in contracts. I know some of them just dumped This when it got scrambled on big dish (it wasnt scrambled under Weigel).

I'm sure thats why Quincy dumped This in Wisconsin and partnered with Decades (which as you know is also part owned by Weigel)

Reactions: localclassictvfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts