KXAS off the air on Dish Network

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
right now as of 10:37 PM, i notice that KXAS is off the air and replaced by "The pink screen of Doom". KXAS is the local NBC station here in Dallas, and if anyone else is got the DFW locals via Dish, i want to know is KXAS off the air/pink screened or are u getting it,

and to let you know, this isn't off of a OTA antenna, this is off the locals on the Top 100 plus & higher packages.

correction, looks like the NBC-Universal DFW O&O channels are out as KXTX is also off the air and has a pink screen too. all the other DFW locals are not off the air, just KXAS/KXTX.

update, pink screen is gone and replace with a "sorry for the interruption of service there is no need to call us. We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible." and also there is music playing in the background as well, god i hope this isn't a "contract dispute" issue with the NBC-Universal O&O and Dish.

update, pink screen is gone and replace with a "sorry for the interruption of service there is no need to call us. We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible." and also there is music playing in the background as well, god i hope this isn't a "contract dispute" issue with the NBC-Universal O&O and Dish.

If Dish had a dispute with NBC O&O,more stations than just KXAS would be off the air.

another update, looks like it's wasn't a contract dispute but a fire at the studio, both KXTX & KXAS are in the studio that had a fire, the station will be back on the air as soon as they get the all clear from the Ft. Worth fire department and management from the station.

Fire Forces NBC 5 Off Air | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

the fire occurred at 10:10 PM during the 10PM news on 5.

another update, looks like it's wasn't a contract dispute but a fire at the studio, both KXTX & KXAS are in the studio that had a fire, the station will be back on the air as soon as they get the all clear from the Ft. Worth fire department and management from the station.

Fire Forces NBC 5 Off Air | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

the fire occurred at 10:10 PM during the 10PM news on 5.

wow, so they were doing the news and had to evacuate in the middle of it?

Always tranmission problem

If you get a Pink or Yellow screen it is always a transmission problem. In other words E* isn't getting the signal to supply to you. Then if the carrier goes completely off then the built in warning of the E* receiver will come on (sorry for the interruption of service there is no need to call us). Man I bet there was some really freaked out talent at the station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)