L.A. Dodgers Sold To Magic Johnson & Group

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
McCourt finally gives in and will sell the team...price tag, approx. $1 Billion smackeroos!

YOWZA!! That is alot of money!

Dodgers headed to bankruptcy court auction

By RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer
9 hours, 53 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—Maybe a “For Sale” sign should be erected outside Dodger Stadium.

Team, ballpark, land and television rights available. Price: $1 billion and up.

The process of finding a new owner for the Los Angeles Dodgers began early Wednesday when current boss Frank McCourt and Major League Baseball released a joint statement saying they had agreed to a court-supervised sale of the once-glamorous and now bankrupt franchise.

Who says the owners were losing money??!! LMAO! McCourt bought this team for about $430 million dollars... IF it weren't for his financial stupidy and he was selling the because he wanted to sell it....he would almost make three quarters of a BILLION dollar profit!!!

Yowza!!!!

To me, financially, the most mismanaged professional sports franchise I have ever seen.

Ownership. They always have. Always will. That will never change. It's like someone in a divorce always complaing they ain't gettin' enough in the divorce settlement.

I don't remember hearing much of that in baseball recently, but if that's your thing, you go with it.

Sandra

I heard some financial analyst on The Heard state it is upwards of $1.5 billion.
This is why a lot of people do not understand why the Dodgers are worth so much.

Unlike other teams, the Dodgers not only own the team, they own the stadium, and the surrounding property. All of this together is worth over a billion dollars.

This is why a lot of people do not understand why the Dodgers are worth so much.

Unlike other teams, the Dodgers not only own the team, they own the stadium, and the surrounding property. All of this together is worth over a billion dollars.

Move the team to a cheaper place to play and lot out the stadium and land. :D

Mark Cuban said the other day that he was interested, but that a Billion was TOOO much.

I find it interesting had Selig listened to a Cuban offer of about a Billion .....

Seeing he was not ALLOWED to buy the Cubs when interested ....

That should piss off all Cub fans ...
I would be pissed with Selig if he did that.

Mark Cuban said the other day that he was interested, but that a Billion was TOOO much.

I find it interesting had Selig listened to a Cuban offer of about a Billion .....

Seeing he was not ALLOWED to buy the Cubs when interested ....

That should piss off all Cub fans ...
I would be pissed with Selig if he did that.
Fox broadcasting rights alone are 3 billion for 10 years ($300 million a year in revenue just from local TV, this does not include KCAL broadcast, radio broadcast, tickets, concessions, parking fees, ex). Plus the property alone could be worth more than $1 billion

Last edited:
DodgerKing said:
Fox broadcasting rights alone are 3 billion for 10 years ($300k a year in revenue just from local TV, this does not include KCAL broadcast, radio broadcast, tickets, concessions, parking fees, ex). Plus the property alone could be worth more than $1 billion

So at even $2 billion, your getting a deal!

Fox broadcasting rights alone are 3 billion for 10 years ($300k a year in revenue just from local TV, this does not include KCAL broadcast, radio broadcast, tickets, concessions, parking fees, ex). Plus the property alone could be worth more than $1 billion

Just because it's worth much more, doesn't mean someone has to offer that much.

Of course. Totally agree. I would offer about $500 million. But the team, property, stadium, and market are easily WORTH over 1 billion

Well, go ahead and put your offer in, ya never know, a local SoCal guy like yourself, they see a guy of your stature offering 500m they just might think your genuine enough and take you up on it !

Well, go ahead and put your offer in, ya never know, a local SoCal guy like yourself, they see a guy of your stature offering 500m they just might think your genuine enough and take you up on it !
Maybe I can find 1 million people to invest with me ($500 each)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)