L.A. OTA Multiplex Guide Info Improving

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I have observed this the last few months, and the latest improvement is that Dish is finally providing guide info for KTLA 5.2, the local This TV. This indicates that Dish has been working on this for the last several months as many of the foreign language multiplex channels have quite a bit of guide info. There are still some omissions, like ION Life for which I would love to have guide info, but most of the multiplex channels I watch or would care to watch do have the guide info. Part of the problem is that some channel drop a multiplex programmer, then add a new one in it place or just continue to add more multiplex, and it takes Dish time to catch up. The breadth of the foreign language multiplexes is staggering, and while Dish should have guide info for them all, they seem to be trying as most do have guide info. It is still interesting that TiVo had guide data for KTLA 5.2, This TV, from just about the 2nd week it went on the air, a really LONG time ago, and still has more, and correct from day one, guide data for more channels than Dish, and they both use Tribune.

So, all those in L.A., you can now set timers for This TV as it sometimes has some really good programming, in SD, of course, but sometimes better movies than on the premiums, and the old The Outer Limits and some other old shows that TV LAND doesn't show anymore.

I know we heard of the many complaints about the lack of OTA multiplex guide info on this board, but is it also improving in other cities?

Last edited:
I had just noticed This TV as a Ch. 11 subchannel here in NYC when I connected my antenna directly to my set. Dish is only supplying LATV and Estrela currently. I wish channels like these would provide more classic sitcoms as opposed to classic dramas.

For what it is worth, KAZA Ch. 47, has a sub-channel mapped down as KTTV3 or FOX3 at 11.3, and it is in low res, or low bit rate, HD. Hmm, interesting. Fox owns only KTTV 11 and KCOP 13.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts