L1.15 is now spooling!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is a problem I had where it sometimes would indicate the wrong show name in the PVR Events screen. I am sure glad that have this bug fixed. It would not do it all the time, just occassionaly. I noticed where it had some subfolders indicating a show for 1 minute (the one that actually was indicated in the PVR Events Screen), the actual show that should have been displayed on the PVR Events Screen, then below that the next show for 3 minutes.

Upgrade in. I like the weather and conflict guide. Do we havea bug fix list on this release? I know that programs marked "Protected" can still be deleted in the cleanup mode. Anyone know what else is and is not fixed?

A "discrete power code" is one that allows the unit to be turned either on or off by a specific code. Without discrete codes, the on/off signal is just a toggle. I.e. if the receiver is off and receives the one and only "power" code, it turns on. With discrete codes, there is a separate "ON" and "OFF" code so that you can program a "macro" into your programmable remote control to either turn the system ON (independent of it's current state) or turn the system OFF. Without these discrete codes, you could have most of your system off, have manually turned your DISH receiver on and then hit the master "ON" button which turns on everything EXCEPT the DISH receiver which now turns off.

Discrete power codes.

Discrete power codes have been partially enabled in the new software. The power off command works correctly and the receiver turns off when the command is sent.

The receiver also responds to the power on command. Unfortunately it responds as it does to the power toggle command.

Hopefully this will be corrected on the next update.

Thanks! Now I know!!

That is a big issue with so many things to turn on and off. One thing that works well for me, I have all JVC equipment including the TV which communicate via Compulink. All I have to do is turn on the receiver and the TV comes on. If I want to play a DVD, I turn that on and the Receiver and the TV turn on. Ofcourse that doesn't help me with the satellite receiver.

Here is a question about weather, isn't one of those buttons that were never used suppose to launch weather and the other the internet, I forgot the purpose, definetly easier then going into menus.

Re: Discrete power codes.

K R Kimmel said:
Discrete power codes have been partially enabled in the new software. The power off command works correctly and the receiver turns off when the command is sent.

The receiver also responds to the power on command. Unfortunately it responds as it does to the power toggle command.
Excellent news! Thank you for checking on this and posting.

It would be nice to have both discrete power-on and power-off working, but I was most interested in discrete power-off, so this gets me to 90% of where I wanted to be. Good enough until the next firmware update. :D

Re: Discrete power codes.

K R Kimmel said:

Hopefully this will be corrected on the next update.

Hi Kent,

This is what I'm getting as well. I'm using the discrete on/off codes that have been posted on Remote Central for months and months, if not years. They seem to work with all the Dish receivers except the 721. They certainly worked on my 501.

Given that adding this feature would seem to be straight forward, I wonder if the Dish developers added yet a new discrete power-on code that is different from all the other receivers that is as of now not yet posted anywhere. If this is the case, and someone knows what it is, please, please, pretty please post it and point us to it so we might experience discrete nirvana! The discrete power-off rocks, but one without the other is still a pain.

Boy, if the past is any indication, the next update will be about next May. Yikes!

Pete

721 abd version l115

Wekk Just got 115 and surprise it fried the 721 and sent it into constant reboot cycle. Spoke to dish advanced tech, they got it to reimage the drive to 112 and to leave it off and hope the upgrade respools....Anyone else have the download fail?

RC

So, with the new update my 2nd tuner was out of commission when I got home this evening.. After PIP-ing and letting it sit there for a bit, it popped up a message saying there was a problem and to run check switch. So I go run check switch, try it again.. same problem.. reboot time.. no help, same message.. so I tried running check switch again (with PIP up).. this time when I come back, the second tuner works.. wacky (this is with a dish-pro twin, no switches)

Discrete PowerON

I was hoping for working discretes as well.

Has anyone tried a macro where PowerON = PowerOFF + PowerTOGGLE?

This should work as long as ther is not a big delay after OFF, or that it sends the unit into some sort of funk mode.

Currently, I keep my unit on all the time. The reason I wanted a discrete OFF/ON was spin down the disk when not in use. Maybe the 4 hour automatic spin-down will be just as effective.

Re: Discrete PowerON

larrydj said:
Currently, I keep my unit on all the time. The reason I wanted a discrete OFF/ON was spin down the disk when not in use. Maybe the 4 hour automatic spin-down will be just as effective.

Doesn't the spin-down only work when it's turned off? When it's on, it's buffering so it can't spin down the drive.

Dennis

Hi all, bfennema, I had the exact same problem with mine but all has been ok since then. Lets hope it stays that way. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts