L1.16 bug

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hate to find the first bug but...

I had 2 shows set to record from 6-7 pm. I added a 7-8pm show, starting 5 min early. The triple timer conflict screen correctly showed the conflict between the new recording starting 5 min early and the other earlier shows. However, I could not delete the later show. It kept looping back to the triple screen undeleted. It would let me edit it to resolve the conflict.

Mitch

For some reason when I got this beat software I had the same problems the first night, however since then it has been smooth sailing.

Its almost like when you first got your 721 and you used it the first day, it was slow and sluggish, but then the next day it was fine.

I am hoping this is the same thing.

Hmm, maybe it's a new type of "code". One that learns the users wishes and then conforms to that user?

Now, that would be worth $899

oh wait.. I was dreaming again,,

But I really do hope that is the case, as i have found errors to in this L1.15 update.. but on the Plus side..

The advance frame is silky smooth for them "users" that use it :)

My frame advance is still the same.....have to hit reverse once then forward and then it jumps back about 5 frames but after that the forward works OK

I found on the last software update with L115 that this same thing happened to me. The last update I had to relearn the whole way of doing my recordings. With the triple conflict screen this was all new to me.

With the recording blocks I like to set up on manual timers , so I could get each show broken down into sub menu like folders, I would always get 3 minutes padding . I used to be able to 0 the padding , but with the new software I couldn't do this . No matter what I did, it would go back to 3 minutes padding. So I had to edit all my manual timers to 3 minutes less on the time so it would still end at the right time. Example to record shows from 7:00 to 9:00 , I would have to set the time in an edit process to 7:00 to 8:57 . Then the 3 minute padding which came on the timer , would end at 9:00.

It took me a week, but then I relearned how to get around all the new limitations and now it is quite easy to work the 721. In fact since the last update the receiver has become much better to use. I just hope this new software L116 will correct any of the bugs from the last software and make it even better. I also found like Scott, that it took a couple of days for the software to settle down and for the timer conflict screens to correct themselves. I used to get timer conflict screens for shows on two different nights. I would have to edit these shows individually and change the night to the right night and it would correct these problems.

Now where is Dish Home? And will there ever be internet access. Come on Dish , throw us a freaking bone. Go ahead and enable it to work with any internet provider and let it finally work as was promised, what, 3 years ago?

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but I think that the "bounced back to live" bug is back in L116. I was watching a show while it was recording and was about 10 minutes behind. I was almost to the end of the recording when my next two timers fired. The 721 then bounced me out of the delayed show and put me into one of the new live recordings.

LarryH said:
Hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but I think that the "bounced back to live" bug is back in L116. I was watching a show while it was recording and was about 10 minutes behind. I was almost to the end of the recording when my next two timers fired. The 721 then bounced me out of the delayed show and put me into one of the new live recordings.

This is because of what I consider to be a major flaw in the 721. When you watch a show from the PVR menu that is still recording, you are actually watching live TV delayed. You are not watching a recorded program. So if you make the mistake of hitting Stop while you are doing this, it stops recording. It drives me up a wall.

In your case, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do if you are watching live TV delayed and two timers fire. The problem is that it should know that you are watching a recorded program since you selected it off the PVR menu.

Dennis

Was watching a recorded show today and discovered a no audio problem. I was skipping forward several times, over-shot the comercial, hit the back a couple of times. No audio. Hit the back once, audio returned.

Mine has been sluggish when I press the up button. I'm hoping this is another one of those bugs that goes away after 48 hours after a new update.