L187 Download

Other then fixing the naming bug, I have seen nothing to write home about in the new software. Almost looks like another non event software release.

It did FIX the SLOW Add DTV menu that was literally taking 1-2min per remote button press on the signal meter screen.

It works like it did prior to L186!!!! No improvement with locking weaker channels yet.

Simply pressing the power button last night did not install the software. I had to unplug the unit and plug it back in for it to install the software. Watching the Olympic ceremonies now (in SD since they won't show it in HD on the NBC HD channel.... Grrrrrr.)

I checked the info screen & it showed error on version line!! I had kept my 921 on during download & thus had not installed yet!

I did a smart card reboot. It installed correctly.
It installed software, then rebooted itself, then powered off to standby.
When I turned unit back on it was showing L187.

There needs to be guidance from Dish on the best, correct way to install software.
Does the software automatically install & reboot if unit receives it while in standby???? For L186, it seemed to do so. I still did a card reboot anyway. Was it necessary??
If unit being used, what is best way to install??
a. Place in standby & check in morning??
b. Do some form of manual reboot: smart card, power button, power cord

The 500 series actually gives a pop-up message about new software available & asks if we want to intall it now. This seems the best consumer friendly way. Whay does the 921 not do this???? What is the non-techie 921 owner supposed to do??

Those of us "heavily" involved with the 921 have been doing power cord reboots after the first boot-up of a new software version. This is a recommendation from Mark Lamutt, 921 Beta Tester and software insider. You can find the Official 921 Support Forums over at DBSTalk.com.

SimpleSimon said:
Those of us "heavily" involved with the 921 have been doing power cord reboots after the first boot-up of a new software version. This is a recommendation from Mark Lamutt, 921 Beta Tester and software insider. You can find the Official 921 Support Forums over at DBSTalk.com.

As I posted over there, it seems quite ridiculous to have to power cord reboot a consumer device.
What other consumer electronic device requires this?????!!!!!!

TO be honest the Voom DVR is going to get a hard look from me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)