L2.39 Released for the 522 & 625

It appears that all receivers who had L2.36 or L2.37 should now have L2.39. If you still have EITHER L2.36 or L2.37, you should now be able to force an update.

L2.35 and L2.38 remain current versions.

L2.39 appears to revert the System Info screen to the old format.

L238 had two SysInfo screens. (1) old format, what you get if you push the front panel button or up-arrow on remote while powered off, and (2) new format, with checkswitch and three screens full of info, what you get if you select it from the menu.

I haven't seen L239 yet, maybe it's the same?

Pepper said:
L238 had two SysInfo screens. (1) old format, what you get if you push the front panel button or up-arrow on remote while powered off, and (2) new format, with checkswitch and three screens full of info, what you get if you select it from the menu.

I haven't seen L239 yet, maybe it's the same?

Ah ha. I hit the button on the front panel and it brought up the old one. Going through the menus, it brought up the new one. I had no idea each way would produce different results.

That just brought up the first MAJOR ISSUE with this release. When I tried to exit the new SysInfo screen, the receiver stopped responding for about 10-15 seconds. Finally, it exited back to the Menu. When I exited the menu (hit View TV), the menu went away but the picture did not revert to the full screen. It stayed in the small, right-side menu version.

That just brought up the first MAJOR ISSUE with this release. When I tried to exit the new Sys Info screen, the receiver stopped responding for about 10-15 seconds. Finally, it exited back to the Menu. When I exited the menu (hit View TV), the menu went away but the picture did not revert to the full screen. It stayed in the small, right-side menu version.[/QUOTE]

I Had that occur to me back on L2.36 but only once. Got L2.39 this am, still have to press select twice to turn on. Haven't checked out problem with dropping favorites yet.

I suspect that 2.39 is the same as 2.38, and they just wanted to have the same release time for all 522s or something.

Sapient said:
I suspect that 2.39 is the same as 2.38, and they just wanted to have the same release time for all 522s or something.

Huh? That makes no sense at all since L2.39 was NOT released to all 522s at the same. (It has still not been released to all 522s.)

Well, I took the dive and let my 522 update to 2.39. So far, my 522 has lost the guide info 4 times in 1 day. Also, the system has locked up exiting PIP twice. I can't get into dish home without it saying "feature not currently available" on the sports scores section

All of this didn't happen with 2.36.

Oh, but no audio drops (but I didn't have them on 2.36 either)

The deal with pushing select twice seems to have disappeared for me.

chaddux said:
Huh? That makes no sense at all since L2.39 was NOT released to all 522s at the same. (It has still not been released to all 522s.)

Sorry. I thought it was a full release to all 522s, as opposed to the last few which were just sent out to us test rats.

SatinKzo said:
Well, I took the dive and let my 522 update to 2.39. So far, my 522 has lost the guide info 4 times in 1 day. Also, the system has locked up exiting PIP twice. I can't get into dish home without it saying "feature not currently available" on the sports scores section

Just tested the scores section: no problems. No guide data loss either.

Well I lost guide data twice again this afternoon. Reminds of the 811 coming off OTA issues when I had an 811. Still can't get into Dish Home for sports scores.

Dang diagnostics isn't completing either, gets to 78% and stops, locks up. Looks like I have more of a tuner issue than a software issue now.

With the favorite/guide problem, it must have to do with the number of channels selected. The problem seemed to occur after I upgraded to 180 pkg and happened to get the L2.36 upgrade about the same time. I was adding all the music channels under music in both TV1 and TV2. I deleted them and now able to put wifes favorites on her TV2 without loosing TV1 favorites.

SatinKzo said:
Well I lost guide data twice again this afternoon.

I'm not quite understanding the problem. Maybe you can elaborate on "lost guide data." Does your EPG show nothing? Not come up at all? Show garbage data? Show incorrect data? Show some with and some without?

If you set up your favorites say on TV2. Then go to TV1 and press Guide you get an error unable to retrieve guide data, then reboot and find the favorites in TV1 were empty. If you would then enter the data in TV1's favorites the TV2 would come up with the error and loose its favorites.

chaddux said:
I'm not quite understanding the problem. Maybe you can elaborate on "lost guide data." Does your EPG show nothing? Not come up at all? Show garbage data? Show incorrect data? Show some with and some without?

Well two different things are happening...

1. The guide is showing No Info Available on everything except the current show.

2. Numerous times I have had to reload the guide data.

SatinKzo said:
Well two different things are happening...

1. The guide is showing No Info Available on everything except the current show.

2. Numerous times I have had to reload the guide data.

What does "reload" mean? Re-open the guide or download a fresh guide?

Re download the it from scratch. It takes about 3 minutes and gets annoying.

Edit:

Well my wife just told me none of her timers fired last night.

Time to call dish I think...

Edit Again, since no one has replied yet:

That was the shortest service call I have ever had. Got right through to tech support, Told them what is happening and before I know it, RMA on it's way.

The guy even seemed to have some idea of what I was explaining without the normal switch check (done numerous times), reset the matrix (done twice since 2.39). I did discover however that my counters weren't updating either (I don't check them much, but the last update was 2 months ago)

SatinKzo said:
Re download the it from scratch. It takes about 3 minutes and gets annoying.

Edit:

Well my wife just told me none of her timers fired last night.

Time to call dish I think...

Edit Again, since no one has replied yet:

That was the shortest service call I have ever had. Got right through to tech support, Told them what is happening and before I know it, RMA on it's way.

The guy even seemed to have some idea of what I was explaining without the normal switch check (done numerous times), reset the matrix (done twice since 2.39). I did discover however that my counters weren't updating either (I don't check them much, but the last update was 2 months ago)

No idea but here is a guess: I know you can sometimes download a bad guide. Perhaps, it's possible to download corrupted software too. Maybe elevate the call to a higher tech and see if they can help you update to 2.39 again, essentially a re-install (or even downgrade).

chaddux said:
No idea but here is a guess: I know you can sometimes download a bad guide. Perhaps, it's possible to download corrupted software too. Maybe elevate the call to a higher tech and see if they can help you update to 2.39 again, essentially a re-install (or even downgrade).

I am thinking it is more a tuner issue not software. Just a coincidence that 2.39 was loaded and it all went downhill. On the phone call, the guy acted/sounded like he knew what the deal was. He made a comment that makes me think that, it was sorta under his breath, out load, not directly at me

"Well, if you have that problem, it looks like a replacement is needed so this yours can get fixed"

Whether that means reload the software at dish or replace faulty hardware I will never know. Either way, it was under warranty still (I own it) and there were no hassles. So, for once, I didn't get the runaround on an issue with a receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts