L2.39 Released for the 522 & 625

Looks like it's down to just three current versions now -- 2.35, 2.38 and 2.39. I'm still on 2.35 and hoping one of these versions really does fix the audio/video glitches. Getting tired of waiting . . . . .

maximum said:
Looks like it's down to just three current versions now -- 2.35, 2.38 and 2.39.

It helps to read the entire thread before posting. This was announced three days and 20 posts ago.

chaddux said:
It helps to read the entire thread before posting. This was announced three days and 20 posts ago.
I did read the entire thread but must have glossed over your post. Nice to know somebody is playing "repeat info. police" :rolleyes:

maximum said:
I did read the entire thread but must have glossed over your post. Nice to know somebody is playing "repeat info. police" :rolleyes:

I'm not playing the "repeat info police" although, if you want to get sarcastic, if everyone "glossed over" every post, we'd have 100,000 posts saying the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

:D

maximum said:

I'm not playing the "repeat info police." Although, if you want to get sarcastic, if everyone "glossed over" every post, we'd have 100,000 posts saying the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

If an admin closes a duplicate thread, you don't call them the "repeat info police," do you? Same principle. ;)

chaddux said:
I'm not playing the "repeat info police." Although, if you want to get sarcastic, if everyone "glossed over" every post, we'd have 100,000 posts saying the exact same thing. :rolleyes:
Yes, I was being sarcastic. You catch on quick :D :D Anyway, back on topic.

It's interesting that they axed versions 2.36 & 2.37 before 2.35. Guess they decided that us 2.35'ers are better off with the old version. For a while there I was beginning to wonder if they were going to push out a different version for each download group. Maybe the group my receiver is in will be the first to get 2.40 ;)

maximum said:
Yes, I was being sarcastic. You catch on quick :D :D Anyway, back on topic.

Lol! Well, the smilie (which is called "Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" was a good clue. :haha

maximum said:
It's interesting that they axed versions 2.36 & 2.37 before 2.35. Guess they decided that us 2.35'ers are better off with the old version. For a while there I was beginning to wonder if they were going to push out a different version for each download group. Maybe the group my receiver is in will be the first to get 2.40 ;)

Just a side note: The next version will NOT be 2.40. Since DISH apparently never uses the same version number twice, it will have to be something else. L2.40 was that last version of the 322 software.

Got my replacement 522 (from a few posts back) and it came with 2.39. First event I recorded I watched tonight, 3 audio drops in 1 hour. Argh.

Strange for some reason, I can't edit my last post....

Anyways, I did a test tonight, had my 921 and 522 record the same show (hoping the 522 audio drops earlier were a fluke). Watched the show on 921, no problem. Watched it on 522, 2 audio drops about 20 and 25 minutes into the show. I wish I had 2.36 back, I had no problems with that version.

SatinKzo said:
Strange for some reason, I can't edit my last post....

Anyways, I did a test tonight, had my 921 and 522 record the same show (hoping the 522 audio drops earlier were a fluke). Watched the show on 921, no problem. Watched it on 522, 2 audio drops about 20 and 25 minutes into the show. I wish I had 2.36 back, I had no problems with that version.
New to this board but I have been following it since L2.36 hit. It must be all my clean living (not), but I have not had any of the audio/video drops described in this and other threads on my one year old 522. I probably do not watch as much recorded shows (15 hrs a week tops) as many of you but the receiver has actually been pretty solid. I do have to hit the select twice to wake it up off standby but that is not a huge deal. The only problem I do have is that I loose signal when even a slight shower passes overhead. I will keep an eye on this thread and if anyone needs a tester that is on a "good" box let me know and I will do what I can.

Received L239 this today and it locked up the menu system in the receiver. No front panel push buttons worked but it was displaying things and would change channels. Just no browse and no guide.

Hold down power button to restart and it wakes up kinda, but now the guide has no information on all channels more than 2 hours out and can't switch mode from the front panel

Unplugged it and plugged it back in. All back to normal but now the guide display (and only the guide display) is shifted left on the screen and the top is narrower than the bottom of the guide. Like a monitor that needs to be adjusted. System menus and such look fine. Just the guide.

I'm gonna call dish shortly.

Yesterday morning, for the 1st time in a while, I checked the sys info screen on my 522, and I noticed that it finally got updated to something other than L235 and now it's at L239. So far so good, I had a bunch of timers recording all day and night yesterday and all the ones I've been watching so far this morning have had no issues whatsoever.

I have had L239 for a couple days and have had no new problems yet.
I have recorded and watched 6 hours of video with no audio dropout or sync issues.
I have also not had a Audio pop and volume loss problem.
I did however still get a very slight video distoration of a few lines maybe once during a 1 hour recording.
In the past this video distoration was always at the same time as a Audio dropout occured.
So far so good.

L239 has been like 235 for me. L236 worked great. L237-L239 have been just as full of audio drops as any older version.

Why is there so much variation from machine to machine? Do they use random parts?

I had audio drops and pixelation with 2.35 and still get it with 2.39. I haven't really noticed any difference.

L239 arrived here last week. It didn't fix the check switch problem, however. We have to go to TV2 and start it by pushing the power switch twice. If you use the "select" button, the check switch comes up. This means that any recording scheduled for TV2 won't work until the check switch protocol is run through. Otherwise, I can't see any difference from L236.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts