Software Version L2.90 for the 522/625 :
  • Allows editing of DVR event names
  • Closed Captioning updates
  • DISH Pass search updates
  • Allows * and # prefixes for the phone setup menu
  • Support for authorization pop-ups 128 and 129
  • Audio enhancements for ITV applications with audio
  • Ok and Cancel keys now working on blacked-out event pop-ups 743, 744
I still have L2.55. Has anybody here been updated to 2.90?

just talked with tech. he put in brand new 625 and down loaded it and his soft wear is L2.90. tried to force my 522 do down load it it didn't worked

When are they going to allow a recording to "force" a record, even if the system thinks it is already recorded? I have several things I have to use manual recordings for because the program info isn't correctly updated to indicate the show really is different. :(

Brad

andrews777 said:
When are they going to allow a recording to "force" a record, even if the system thinks it is already recorded? I have several things I have to use manual recordings for because the program info isn't correctly updated to indicate the show really is different. :(
Brad

Maybe editing DVR names in the new patch will fix that.

Does anyone know how to force a software upgrade for the DVR625? I followed the instructions form the DISHNET website but my receiver does nothing after powering back up.

There is NO way to force an update all you can do is wait until your receiver is targeted for the update

I checked last night and I am at L2.91. I am not sure what the difference between L2.90 and L2.91. Probably just a patch or two. E* seems to do one update right after another. Kind of makes you wonder how much they are testing things.

I am not sure. I never realized I had L2.90 so I am not sure what was new on L.290 and what was new on L.291.

I have a 522 and the main thing I saw is that you can edit DVR program names. Probably some more but I have not had a chance to play.

Does anyone know if there is a place that list the changes made on each software rev.?

Knock on wood I have never had that issue. I think I am the only one who doesn't.

I will have to see what my 625 has when I get to the tv later today. I will report back and let everyone know what I have.

Later,

BigJohn2

My 625 got updated to L2.91 from L2.58 Wednesday night. The only thing that I've noticed different so far is that I can use the *99 trick to get my 625 to dial dish over my Vonage connection. If I see anything else, I will post it.

I had 2.55 until the other night and now it is at 2.91.

I haven't looked at the 522 menu's for quite some time.
So just my 2¢, not fact.

I've not noticed that under ENHANCEMENTS, it has ERD(External Recording Device) which allows recording to the Archos units. (And maybe hard drives in the future would be nice) *hint*

The Sytem Info screen has 3 seperate screens now, but I think that was already there in 2.55.

I think the 2.90 to 2.91 was 'probably' to support the Olympics' on Dish Home from the 10th-26th.

Current Problems:
I have noted a little more audio dropout on 30 second skip ahead. (Last night on the Tonight Show) But it comes back quickly and I haven't noticed any audio sync issues.

Past Problems:
Once in a great while the audio will go out completely and I have to switch channels or skip back to get the sound back.

Sometimes reviewing(up to 300x) it will only go back a minute or two and stop instead of the 2 hour buffer even if I've been viewing the same channel all day. I have to repeatedly press the review and it is painstakingly annoying. The only fix for this I have found is changing the channel and clearing the buffer.:mad:

FAST!! 30-second Skip and ERD(External Recording Device)!

Received L2.91 after closely following very closely since the first L2.59 notice in Later December.

(1) 30 Second Skip is ahead is now BLAZING FAST! I'm one of those "fast click" people and always detested the long lag previously (not just on the 625, but with every consumer device I've ever had except Microsoft Windows which allows me to change it).

(2) Ordered my POCKETDISH Today! the ERD(External Recording Device) for Pocketdish is now online for my 625 AND my 301! I'll start a new thread with a review next week when I receive my PocketDish. Still plan to buy a used 942 should no USB enablement for 522/625 USB 1.1 occur, which is quite possible despite all the promises made to the media back in the October PocketDish Launch.

I finally got L2.91 today. Where is the ERD support? I can't find anything about it in the menus.

I see the important thing that was changed: the Dish Network logo and 2006 copyright date.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)