L212 is now spooling for 921

I get jitter on my analog tv when I use the 921 in safe mode . USed to be in the hd mode. This is how I have been watching most of the shows lately and now I can't watch in safe mode without jitter city . It fixed nothing and now my caller id doesn't work . Great work Dish!! :rolleyes:

joshnoel said:
i can record for about a hour then the time laps on 921 will go haywire and for instance will record for one hour but says its been recording for 11285.36 will new software fix this?

I had this bug on my 2nd 921 whcih eventually turned out to be a corrupt drive, it went down hill fast from there. I was holding on hope on this new firmware to fix some real issues, but if it doesn;t then it is probably bye bye 921 and Hello Mot-6412 (Comcast)

n0qcu said:
That just s*cks. The jitter I could ignore. Its the damn locked stretch mode and DVR screen lockups that require reboots that they need to fix. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It has fixed the format mode for me and now I can set it to 16x9 like it should be instead of 4:3 like I used to. The format button works well now and the picture is excellent so far

________________________________--
tankerman "I found a new problem...

When watching a local mapped channel or a local off air channel, I can no longer push the channel up button to continue into the satellite channels.

It stops at channel 69 (in Philly).

Then I must hit the guide button. Select channel 101. Then I can continue on with the channel up button.

Is this new thing happening to anyone else? "

Yep same here, it will let me go down in channels from where ever to 3, my lowest channel, but only one time.

Side effect of L212??

I turned on my 921 today to find a bunch of extra channels.
Code:
Here is a list of the channels I am NOT supposed to have:
9983 ETC3
9867 CD18
9857 CD8
9846 AUD19
9844 AUD17
9840 LATNP
9825 AUD03
9823 AUD01
9821 REFL
9820 ENVOE
8489 TEMP4
8099 TEMP6
8000 KABC
5500 TST_5
4000 KCNC
942 TEJ
932 METRO
921 ENVOE
840 TVEI
836 TMDoW
831 FTRAW
820 FIESM
429 CSNCH
418 FOXMW
414 FOXRM
413 FOXNY
257 SPRKY
232 KTLA
199 CRDEX
THen there is a bunch of channels in my AEP (Almost Everything Pak) that I can't get that I AM SUPPOSED TO GET that are now in RED.

Not gonna list them because there are 76 of them.

But TNTHD, DSC-HD, 102 thru 122 some of the 200's are blocked out and have ERROR 005.

Rebooting FIXED it and now I get what I am supposed to and the other channels have magically disappeared again.

Thanks Echostar for such a wonderful $999.00 P.O.S.!

Mark_AR said:
Side effect of 212.

Rebooting FIXED it and now I get what I am supposed to and the other channels have magically disappeared again.

Thanks Echostar for such a wonderful $999.00 P.O.S.!

But you're still happy with Dish right Mark? :rolleyes:

I'm fairly happy with E* programming. My 921 is over 15 months old and has done this several times in the past.

THese little *glitches* I've never documented each channel in detail here before. They aren't serious and can be fixed in 4 minutes.

I have called Advanced tech support each time so they can hopefully narrow it down. They take my info and have me reset the receiver. Sometimes they send a REHIT which may or may not do anything.

Overall I can say I am happy with Dish. Just wish the Eldon-UK programmers had a better handle the software they are writing for these bleeding-edge DVR units instead of waiting for the first of us end-user(retail-beta-testers) to find all of their mistakes.

I downloaded everything and have current software, still have the jitters in 720p, no information on my ota programming. Anyone else having issues with timers misfiring?

Yeah, I had FOUR timers try to activate last night at midnight. The two that were scheduled (a backup of my Smallville timers at Midnight, which I cancelled since they both recorded OK, and an added timer to catch the west coast feed of American Idol's result show...... Meanwhile two timers from exactly 24 hours earlier also tried to fire. I'm assuming BAD things would have happened if I didn't catch them and stop them (I was watching the delayed Smallville recordings when the timer icon started running amok)

L212 has been a colossal failure on my box. Sluggish response to commands (some take as long as 10-15 seconds -- some don't activate at all.... I have to wait 30 seconds and try again), Periods as long as 30-45 seconds where the sound drops out and some pixellation occurs (memory issues I'm guessing when the resources get overtaxed) jumping backward doesn't change anything - it happened last night during the climactic battle between Magnetic Mind Control Boy (or whatever his name was)and Clark).

Once again, this thing was more "stable" six months ago.

I guess I either don't notice any issues are got a lucky with my 921. The only problem I have is no channel 100 during the olympics, and the locals don't show up as 004, 005, 007 like on my normal box.

Is there any info from dish suggesting that they will get HD local feeds anytime soon. Direct TV is advertising that this summer they will be able to feed local HD's all over the US. I live 65 miles from Seattle and can not get any OTA signals for even regular TV. I had out of area Locals for a few years then DISH took them away while I was deployed over seas, and the jerks in seattle will not let dish give me out of area feeds.

My local cable company has a great deal to switch back to cable to give me local HD more channels for less money, put not so good PVR. I have been devoted to dish since they started when I lived in the "people's republic of Boulder" and don't want to feed the pig, but Charlie is proving he is now also a pig.

For you locals to appear as 004 etc. goto to preferences (menu - 4 - 2) select more.

Make sure Off-Air Antenna Locals - Enable is NOT checked, then your DISH locals will be remaped down to the lower numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts