L212 is now spooling for 921

lets see what happens now?

Here are the notes from Dish that have been passed via markdl:

Ensure the position of the SWAPPED PIP window is correct in the guide
Improve the performance of the HD/SD button
Improve the PIP to prevent "jitter" when repositioning
Improve performance when pressing aspect ratio key
Improve performance when entering or exiting the guide
Improve performance when picture is in 1/4 screen or in lower screen guide video
Improved performance for guide data acquisition
Place PPV channels into the All Sub list on the EPG

Of course, we will always continue to improve our products through periodic software updates as needed, so there customers can expect more 921 updates in the future, as needed.

Strange, I was told yesterday they hoped to have this out on THursday or next Thursday.

This may be the last big fix we see for awhile.

Jittery video is a major problem for me, but only appears with analog channels. But the jittering isn't always there. I haven't determined what conditions cause it and what conditions don't. But hopefully I won't have to, if they have it fixed. :)

I leave my 921 tuned to an analog station when not in use, to cut back on hard drive wear.

It seems maybe this will also fix the aspect/format lockup problem as mentioned on the tech forum last week? I've just recently run into that one a couple times, where the image will be like in "stretched" mode on my 4:3 TV, and the 921 quits responding to the format button.

I somehow dodged the jitter bug (Cue the 20's music) up until now, .... is there ANYTHING else useful in this release?

Ugh! Not again! I cant get my receiver to start a download. It sees all the transponders on 119. I guess I will just have to leave it off overnight and see what happens.

I found a new problem...

When watching a local mapped channel or a local off air channel, I can no longer push the channel up button to continue into the satellite channels.

It stops at channel 69 (in Philly).

Then I must hit the guide button. Select channel 101. Then I can continue on with the channel up button.

Is this new thing happening to anyone else?

tankerman said:
I found a new problem...

When watching a local mapped channel or a local off air channel, I can no longer push the channel up button to continue into the satellite channels.

It stops at channel 69 (in Philly).

Then I must hit the guide button. Select channel 101. Then I can continue on with the channel up button.

Is this new thing happening to anyone else?

Yes, except it is channel 11 for me (Durham).

SimpleSimon said:
Well, it's official. L212 doesn't fix anything important - except maybe jitter - IF it does that.
That just s*cks. The jitter I could ignore. Its the damn locked stretch mode and DVR screen lockups that require reboots that they need to fix. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SimpleSimon said:
Well, it's official. L212 doesn't fix anything important - except maybe jitter - IF it does that.

After the download and power cord reboot...........I had jitter on OTA American Idol last night.:mad:

I have found that the jitter goes away if I change to 720p and then back to 1080i.

It fixed my OTA digital PSIP info. UPN and NBC had the same program guide information since the last SW update.

NBC has the correct info and now UPN has 'No Information Available'. I guess it will update in a day or 2.

But, for some reason, my CBS-HD on 61.5 is gone.

Check switch has 6 green OK's. Go figure.... *sigh*

i can record for about a hour then the time laps on 921 will go haywire and for instance will record for one hour but says its been recording for 11285.36 will new software fix this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts