L3.63 Spotted!

Answered many times here and there - Dish use one line of numbers for ALL receiversin ine one group. Linux based use Lxxx, old style - xxxP, OpenTV - Pxxx, 2WIRE - Mxxx.

Just got the download. So far, the only things I've noticed are two new buttons that aren't active yet. There's a "H/W Test" on the diagnostics screen and a "TV Entertainment" button on the Dish on Demand screen. Anyone see anything else?

Two things I've noticed just by playing around:

1.) Added info in the program description shows episode number and original air date.

2.) Doing a search doesn't pull up blocked stations.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
being new to E* what is wrong with the 622 that the update will fix?

There might be nothing wrong but E* updates their software regularly to provide new features.
My 622 too works without any problem. :)

cebbigh said:
1.) Added info in the program description shows episode number and original air date.
Sweet! I had this on my 942 for a couple of weeks before I upgraded. I was really missing it.

I was supposed to have release notes yesterday but I have not got them yet. As soon as I have them I will post them. :)

I notice that the origional air date info is not accurate a lot of shows and movies with the days of January 1st. IN addition the LIVE Mike and Mie show on ESPN2 is showing 1994. (And its also listed as being HD when its not)

It appears that the TV Entertainment button is yet another add-on for VOD; of course until they show VOD in HD, I will never use it! :mad:

The episode number and original air date is awesome. A great small addition to the service.

It also looks like the counters in the diagnostics has been re-organized with labels, for such things as Common Counters, hard drive counters, off air counters. Maybe that was there before, but I don't remember it.

I also don't remember seeing both Authorized Services and Visible Services. I remember Authorized, but not Visible Services. Not sure if that is new or not.

Search Movies by rating is probably what makes the Search excluding blocked channels work. My personal preference is to block the channels I don't choose to subscribe to or that I never watch. There's plenty of stuff to sort thru without them. This sure makes it easier to do a search. I recently dropped from Platinum to Gold (wasn't really getting use out of the movie packages). Even without HBO, Showtime and StarzHD in the mix, I just did a search using Movies,All,'HD' and came up with 655 hits.

The Point Dish screen now shows the correct 110 spotbeam when launched while viewing a spotbeam local channel. It used to always come up as spotbeam 1.

I noticed some TP's on 129 dropped dramatically, like from 70's to mid 50's, while other TP's stayed the same. What's up with that? 110 and 119 signals remained the same. TP11, 22 and 27 on 129 dropped from 70's to mid 50's. Anybody else see that development? Oh BTW: My HDMI output doesn't act up anymore since L363.

I noticed the drop on 129. My TP's were in the high 50's to low 60's. Now they are in the high 40's to low 50's.

hifigramps said:
I noticed the drop on 129. My TP's were in the high 50's to low 60's. Now they are in the high 40's to low 50's.
So how much did it drop on TP 11, 22 and 27? Are there any of yours that didn't drop, or did they all drop?

ralfyguy said:
I noticed some TP's on 129 dropped dramatically, like from 70's to mid 50's, while other TP's stayed the same. What's up with that? 110 and 119 signals remained the same. TP11, 22 and 27 on 129 dropped from 70's to mid 50's. Anybody else see that development? Oh BTW: My HDMI output doesn't act up anymore since L363.

I confirm drop on 22 and 27 (about 10 points from approx 70 to 60).

Same for 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 18, 23.

Some others seem maybe a few points higher.

4-81
8-80
9-80
10-80
12-81
13-83
19-85
30-84
31-90

remaining the same in the mid to low 70's

5, 16, 17, 21, 32

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)