L3.63 Spotted!

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
I guess I missed this yesterday (been busy) we'll see if they uncomment it today, I wonder what *dvr workaround* it may contain (100% speculation on my part).

09/19/2006: 1238 Software Version L3.63 for ViP622 DVR
Effective Wednesday, September 20th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.63 for the ViP622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.63 will be the valid software version for the ViP622 DVR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information but what is with all the HTML?

Can one of the fine staff at SatelliteGuy fix this?

abricko said:
I guess I missed this yesterday (been busy) we'll see if they uncomment it today, I wonder what *dvr workaround* it may contain (100% speculation on my part)....

... This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

If it were a dvr workaround because of the tivo issues, wouldn't it be a forced release?

mwgiii said:
Oh please, please don't screw up my 3 week old 622. I haven't had a single problem with it.
I lost HDMI the first software update after getting my 622.
Put you head between your knees and hold on to your @ss, it may be a bumpy ride from here. :D

why is it bad news... for me i've had good experiences with each update, my box runs pretty stable and i haven't had a random reboot in probably over a month, dvi works... 622 is really feeling solid, i'm ready for additional features

abricko said:
why is it bad news... for me i've had good experiences with each update, my box runs pretty stable and i haven't had a random reboot in probably over a month, dvi works... 622 is really feeling solid, i'm ready for additional features

we get nervous BECAUSE it works now (for most of us)...a new feature is nice, as long as it doesn't break 4 others in the process.

While I don't have confirmation I hear the software may have fixes in it which will help with the HD RSN Blackout issue they were seeing. If this is the case then its quite possible we could see the HD RSN's soon. :)

I have had to reboot twice so far in order to synch up the audio on my local ABC HD channel. This channel has enough problems on its own, it doesn't need Dish to compound it. It is not OTA, from the satellite.

Scott Greczkowski said:
While I don't have confirmation I hear the software may have fixes in it which will help with the HD RSN Blackout issue they were seeing. If this is the case then its quite possible we could see the HD RSN's soon. :)

When they skip numbers like from 3.60 to 3.63 is it an indication that there was a 3.61 and 3.62 that got scraped for some problems? Just curious if it's possible to guess if a new software is more likely for a fix (which could possibly take several attempts) or new features?

cebbigh said:
When they skip numbers like from 3.60 to 3.63 is it an indication that there was a 3.61 and 3.62 that got scraped for some problems? Just curious if it's possible to guess if a new software is more likely for a fix (which could possibly take several attempts) or new features?

A lot of times it's due to a internal change in the development of the update, i.e., the company developers, marketing team, etc. had a meeting and said "we now need this to be like this..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)