L3.59 Spotted!!!

abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
06/19/2006: 1453 Software Version L3.59 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, June 20th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.59 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.59 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow I just got 3.58 last week (and the folks at Dish wont comment on 3.58)

abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I got 3.58 last thursday I believe (I think it was a BS *test* release) Lets hope this is the bigger bug fix release we've been waiting for, for the last 2 months

nazz

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 4, 2006
At this time L3.59 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

I take this to mean we all will be getting it this time instead of both versions being valid last time?

riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
abricko said:
Yeah, I got 3.58 last thursday I believe (I think it was a BS *test* release) Lets hope this is the bigger bug fix release we've been waiting for, for the last 2 months
Let's just hope we don't have to wait on L4.01 for all bugs to be fixed.

NightRyder

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
If they are going "Full Phase" out of the gate, it most likely will be another "do nothing" upgrade. Probably a more "robust" TV Guide logo or some such sh*t. :(

NightRyder

ralfyguy

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
ViP622 L3.59 Software Release Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable front panel door automatic release when experiencing video stuttering, audio drops, frame drops, frame freezes to make it more convenient to the user to perform a front panel soft reboot, when required.

That's all folks!

Allin4greeN

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I never got the L3.58 update... So does this mean I'll jump from L3.57 right to L3.59?

I can't wait to get more robust lighting from the front panel LED's :D

K

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 25, 2005
What about software fixes for the 211? I still have audio synch problems on all OTA and HD channels. Last night during the NBA game, my receiver lost video on all channels and I had to reboot. If I plan on watching anything on OTA on primetime I must reboot because I won't have any audio.

ralfyguy

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
kevcar0603 said:
What about software fixes for the 211? I still have audio synch problems on all OTA and HD channels. Last night during the NBA game, my receiver lost video on all channels and I had to reboot. If I plan on watching anything on OTA on primetime I must reboot because I won't have any audio.
L2.67 for 211 will spool tomorrow too.

abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
To be honest... I wish there was a way in the DIAG or submenu to cause a reboot, It sucks when I'm in bed (TV2) and I see issues, I have to get up and hold the front panel button for a REBOOT!

ralfyguy

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
abricko said:
To be honest... I wish there was a way in the DIAG or submenu to cause a reboot, It sucks when I'm in bed (TV2) and I see issues, I have to get up and hold the front panel button for a REBOOT!
I wish that wouldn't have to be necessary!!!:mad:

abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
True, but still there are times I use Dish Home / Interactive and It'll freeze (bugs happen) I just wish there was a secret key combo while in diag that would allow us to do.

H

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Got the L3.59 little after 4:00am this morning (woke up by the reboot sound). So far, nothing that I can see that makes any different than previous version. In fact, when I turned on and watched OTA channel, it lost lock after few minutes and then followed by "check switch" error, took a soft reboot to get everthing back, which has been happening to me few time before...... Anyone had any official release notes yet?

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
No release notes yet, I have requested them.

As soon as I hear something I will post it.