L3.59 Spotted!!!

I think that's the point of it, yes. I don't know why you'd want to put a passcode on it. If you have people in your house who can't comprehend that it's protected for a reason, it's not Dish's responsibility.

Jim S. said:
I think that's the point of it, yes. I don't know why you'd want to put a passcode on it. If you have people in your house who can't comprehend that it's protected for a reason, it's not Dish's responsibility.

Yea I guess it was pretty silly of Dish to even have that feature to begin with. Darned nice of them to remove it for us.

gdarwin said:
When deleting protected DVR recordings it no longer asks for the passcode.

Funny mine never asked for the password code till I got 359 , and now it is asking on all my protected recordings.

Protect or not, I use the protect flag to remind me that I have not recorded the program to DVD+R. I could use another flag to remind me that I have not seen the program even if I have recorded it to DVD. Hey, I guess I could use the title edit feature to do that. Will have to try. Maybe I should reverse my logic and flag the title after I record or view.

-Ken

KKlare said:
Protect or not, I use the protect flag to remind me that I have not recorded the program to DVD+R. I could use another flag to remind me that I have not seen the program even if I have recorded it to DVD. Hey, I guess I could use the title edit feature to do that. Will have to try. Maybe I should reverse my logic and flag the title after I record or view.

-Ken

I would think it should not be that difficult for Dish to add code so DVR contents can be organized in folders the same way you can for photos. Maybe I'm over-simplifing.

The tech I talked to said that 3.58 was a digital camera to 622 update and you would notice nothing unless you are using a camera into your 622.

waltinvt said:
I would think it should not be that difficult for Dish to add code so DVR contents can be organized in folders the same way you can for photos. Maybe I'm over-simplifing.

That would be nice, but at least you can now sort them alphabetically, so you can group same shows together easier.

DWS44 said:
That would be nice, but at least you can now sort them alphabetically, so you can group same shows together easier.
That's true. I wonder if doing that still sorts same name shows by date within their respective group? Never thought of that - have to try it.

I just hate having to scroll through pages of Miami Vice episodes every time I want a particular SNG or vice-versa.

waltinvt said:
That's true. I wonder if doing that still sorts same name shows by date within their respective group? Never thought of that - have to try it.

It does sort them by date within the groupings! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)