L3.59 Spotted!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ralfyguy said:
ViP622 L3.59 Software Release Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable front panel door automatic release when experiencing video stuttering, audio drops, frame drops, frame freezes to make it more convenient to the user to perform a front panel soft reboot, when required.

That's all folks!

2) Change the menu background color from teal to 1 shade lighter teal
3) Make TV Guide logo 32-bit color

How about more robust signal strength checking, so that you can see the lovely "A problem has been detected with your multiswitch" message more often?

kevcar0603 said:
What about software fixes for the 211? I still have audio synch problems on all OTA and HD channels. Last night during the NBA game, my receiver lost video on all channels and I had to reboot. If I plan on watching anything on OTA on primetime I must reboot because I won't have any audio.
Same here. I have the exact same problem with the 211:mad:

philhu said:
2) Change the menu background color from teal to 1 shade lighter teal
3) Make TV Guide logo 32-bit color
4) Additional option in the setup screen to turn off the internal fan, to get full heat exposure to enable frying your morning eggs and bacon on the unit.
5) Disable HDMI and Component output and enable s-video output only to reduce video stuttering on HD content.
6) Disable Digital Audio out to reduce audio drops.
7) Disable Mpeg2 to only enable Mpeg4 content to make video more robust to frame drops on HD content.

Seems like option 4) allready exists, If I didn't add the extrenal fan to my unit I'm sure my entertainment center would've caught fire by now.

ralfyguy said:
4) Additional option in the setup screen to turn off the internal fan, to get full heat exposure to enable frying your morning eggs and bacon on the unit.
5) Disable HDMI and Component output and enable s-video output only to reduce video stuttering on HD content.
6) Disable Digital Audio out to reduce audio drops.
7) Disable Mpeg2 to only enable Mpeg4 content to make video more robust to frame drops on HD content.

So is there a way to check the software version while a movie is being recorded? Any way that I try to do it says it would have to stop recording.

nazz said:
So is there a way to check the software version while a movie is being recorded? Any way that I try to do it says it would have to stop recording.
Press the Sys Info button on the 622 concealed front panel.

There is a remote function to do this but I don't see it on the 622 remote. I have it on my universal remote.

I see Jim5506 posted that it is menu-menu, but there is a single button press if you have a programmable remote.

Last edited:
I'm using the 622 remote and haven't gone with a universal yet so I have quite the remote collection. That's good to know if I get one though. Thanks.

From the other site:

L359 Fixes and enhancements:

Changes to record plus (Preferred TV can push to other TV, In record plus, the 'preferred' TV could not send a recording to the other TV even if it was not in use. Now it can. For example, I have TV2 setup as the 'preferred' TV under Record plus, so when I set up a recording from TV1, it automatically records on TV2. If TV2 wanted to setup a recording it would record on TV2 so they had to watch what they were recording. Now TV2 can 'push' the recording to TV1 if it is not in use.)

Fix for PPV purchase requested again after free preview period

Add new Dish 1000.2 LNBF support

Some HDMI fixes

Fix the grayed out Change Password button so it can be selected in the locks menu

Fix so user can channel up/down from the 004 popup

Fix Black Screen w/banner when coming from standby via the renote Discrete Power On key

It seems to have fixed the warble in audio that was present when skipping forward or backward. I've experimented on all my receivers and can't get any to warble. Now my picture in HD looks better with component. On my version A receiver, in the past when I switched the 622 from 480p/720p/1080i, It would give me a black screen with my Samsung and then would need to revert back to 720p. Changing the output type to any of three is seamless now.

I have not seen where anything got broken.

Eariler i was skipping thorugh letterman (recorded via HD-LIL on 129) like i normally do (fast 30 second commerical skips) the audio machine gun sound is gone, but it made the picture roll for a while then it seemed to catch up and it was fine. Similar issues with OTA Leno from last night also... I did a powercord reboot after that... we'll see how it goes, haven't checked TV2 yet!

L3.59 seems to have broken something for me! Every time I now hit the swap button, whether the PIP window is open or not, the receiver reboots. This never happened until today. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I called Dish and they opened a case for this issue.

Last edited:
abricko said:
From the other site:

L359 Fixes and enhancements:

Just FYI I am told that those are not official release notes from Dish Network. Not sure if all those fixes and features are there or not. In fact I was told some of what it fixed on the phone and NONE of those are listed in this list.

(Some of the fixes I was told on the phone were fix various multimedia issues, fix jittery video, and fix 110 EPG problems.

I do hope to have the official list soon.

Thanks scott, I know whatever I get from *the dark side* I take with a grain of salt!

So far beyond the difference in audio while skipping around I notice not much difference, haven't seen any jittery video yet, and I swapped like a madman earlier (stupid FIFA scheduling the soccer games at the same time!) with no issues, do wish I could select the location of the PIP box and turn that border off!

abricko said:
True, but still there are times I use Dish Home / Interactive and It'll freeze (bugs happen) I just wish there was a secret key combo while in diag that would allow us to do.
(regarding a soft reboot)

Ask and ye shall receive...

bobl said:
L3.59 seems to have broken something for me! Every time I now hit the swap button, whether the PIP window is open or not, the receiver reboots. This never happened until today. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I called Dish and they opened a case for this issue.

Well, there you have it, abricko, you can now reboot your box from the comfort of your own chair!

Heheheh....I crack me up!

By reading previous posts Dish really screwed up this time. My receiver worked perfect until L359 arrived last night. As others stated once you hit the swap button the receiver crashes. With L359 the receiver is not capable of recording more that one channel. You can't even record a channel and view another live. The receiver has been used in the single mode.

I have tried a switch check, hard and soft reboots without any fix to the problem. Tech support was called and she has received three calls regarding the problem. She went on to say that it is a software problem. Another download should solve the problem. So what do we do wait another month.

Scott if you read this tread see if you can contact someone at Dish.

I fired off a email to ceo@dishnetwork.com

Last edited:
I don't think they have enough *true* beta testers (I know we're all sorta beta). People who will try the newest alpha or beta software and report back their problems directly to dish, you know the kind of people who sign NDAs and can't post details on the board. Dish if you're reading this, I'd be glad to help, I would love nothing more than to see this receiver work like it should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)