L3.59 Spotted!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
To me thats not a fix as it negates having a dual tuner DVR.

I keep my 622 in shared view so that I can view TV1 and TV2 via RF output. It does not disable the dual tuner function of the 622.

I don't understand what the problem is with the pip/ swap feature and enabeling the shared view. I am in single mode and I use the shared view so I can watch the same thing in my computer room as my living room. I have always done this with the 721/921/942 and now the 622. What is the big deal ? Why wouldn't you want the shared view enabeled and what good would it do for you to disable this feature?

I am also seeing increased video stuttering (like it is in slow motion but at normal speed). Before I could just hit the back 5 secs button and skip forward and it would fix it. Now I have to turn off the box and turn it back on to get it to fix.

Hard crash every time I use the swap button

If you attempt to swap inputs using the swap button (at least on my 622 and the latest release) it reboots everytime.

The above action first happend when I had a PIP widow up and wanted to swap focus. The PIP widow was a HD channel. (not sure if that mattered or not)

Then I tried swapping with out the PIP window with the same crashing results. (again the other tuner was on a HD channel)

Because I couldn't ever swap tuners (thus take the second input of an HD channel) I could not see if the issue was because I was trying to swap to a HD channel.

Cheers

Sorry if this is a duplicate

Last edited:
Not only live feeds get stuttered from time to time, now, watching the recorded materials get stuttered too....... What a fix!

So far, I am still able to using reverse and fast forward to get rid of stutter......

I have a "C" version 622 and other than high temps and OTA/EPG recording issues, I haven't seen any problems prior to or since the L359 download.

I'm sorry to hear other folks are experiencing issues...

I'm bummed to read all the issues this release has cause, so far I'm happy to report that nothing has gotten worse, in fact i've been able to turn on my TV in the morning (while 2 recording are in progress for world cup games) and not find a frozen frame, black screen or a spontaneous reboot. This week I began to use the PIP feature and I love it (again World Cup soccer)!

Also I've been consistently running my 622 with HDMI out for the past month!

I don't know if it was reported already but since the 3.59 update i am getting stuttering picture, it only happens on some channels. I hope is not going to affevt ESPN today...

One of my 622's has been working fine. The other has been doing repeated reboots. Because I was having a problem on only one I didn't think of it in relation to the 3.59 but reading the entries here it is obviously the culprit. Will try the menu 6-2 "fix" and see if it works. Then I'll call Dish today and report something to them that they "should" already know. But thanks to all the posts here I at least know what's going on!

Interesting "fix"...and so the point of being being able to protect a DVR recording is rendered useless...

359 has returned stuttering to my 622 as well. It had gone away with 358 (or was it 357?).

My returned 942 was (now officially) a more stable/problem-free receiver than the 622... Kinda sad...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)