L3.59 Spotted!!!

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
06/19/2006: 1453 Software Version L3.59 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, June 20th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.59 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.59 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

At this time L3.59 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

I take this to mean we all will be getting it this time instead of both versions being valid last time?

If they are going "Full Phase" out of the gate, it most likely will be another "do nothing" upgrade. Probably a more "robust" TV Guide logo or some such sh*t. :(

NightRyder

ViP622 L3.59 Software Release Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable front panel door automatic release when experiencing video stuttering, audio drops, frame drops, frame freezes to make it more convenient to the user to perform a front panel soft reboot, when required.

That's all folks!

What about software fixes for the 211? I still have audio synch problems on all OTA and HD channels. Last night during the NBA game, my receiver lost video on all channels and I had to reboot. If I plan on watching anything on OTA on primetime I must reboot because I won't have any audio.

kevcar0603 said:
What about software fixes for the 211? I still have audio synch problems on all OTA and HD channels. Last night during the NBA game, my receiver lost video on all channels and I had to reboot. If I plan on watching anything on OTA on primetime I must reboot because I won't have any audio.
L2.67 for 211 will spool tomorrow too.

To be honest... I wish there was a way in the DIAG or submenu to cause a reboot, It sucks when I'm in bed (TV2) and I see issues, I have to get up and hold the front panel button for a REBOOT!

abricko said:
To be honest... I wish there was a way in the DIAG or submenu to cause a reboot, It sucks when I'm in bed (TV2) and I see issues, I have to get up and hold the front panel button for a REBOOT!
I wish that wouldn't have to be necessary!!!:mad:

Got the L3.59 little after 4:00am this morning (woke up by the reboot sound). So far, nothing that I can see that makes any different than previous version. In fact, when I turned on and watched OTA channel, it lost lock after few minutes and then followed by "check switch" error, took a soft reboot to get everthing back, which has been happening to me few time before...... Anyone had any official release notes yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)