L3.63 Spotted!

cebbigh said:
I confirm drop on 22 and 27 (about 10 points from approx 70 to 60).

Same for 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 18, 23.

Some others seem maybe a few points higher.

4-81
8-80
9-80
10-80
12-81
13-83
19-85
30-84
31-90

remaining the same in the mid to low 70's

5, 16, 17, 21, 32
Found the fix for it, posted here in post #4: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77349

So far so good here. No signal drop, everything is actually real high since its a crappy, rainy, cloudy day here. Love the original air date feature. Now lets get that ethernet port active and get some good VOD features!

Mike

BTW... How does one upgrade the firmware on the 622?

I'm looking through the menus and there's nothing that's obvious.

leejp said:
BTW... How does one upgrade the firmware on the 622?

I'm looking through the menus and there's nothing that's obvious.

Goto Menu, 8 (Preferences), 5 (Updates). That time is when the 622 will reboot and look for updates.

Don't know if anyone tried this yet or not, but if you go to where it says TV entertainment and hit 3 it will let you in even though it's grayed out. There's nothing in there of course, but if you select help. It says something about free televisions shows are highlighted in green. Or something like that I'm not at home right now to give you the exact message.

drock85 said:
Don't know if anyone tried this yet or not, but if you go to where it says TV entertainment and hit 3 it will let you in even though it's grayed out. There's nothing in there of course, but if you select help. It says something about free televisions shows are highlighted in green. Or something like that I'm not at home right now to give you the exact message.
Cool. Recorded where is the question?

Sence the update, I have to reboot one of my 622, twice because I lost audio. This problem happens when browsing the recorded show and deleteing them. This problem has never happen before, until now. I am using the component connection, because the hdmi connection is still not working.

TV Entertainment Help
In the TV Entertainment list, the items listed in Green are recorded events free to be watched.
To view a recorded event, highlight the desired event from the TV Entertainment list and press "Select".

My Caller ID has never worked since I got my VIP 622 A little over a month ago. I got the update Tuesday night, and now my calls are all popping up the way they should. So...it appears to have fixed whatever was causing mine not to work. Still doesn't work on my VIP 211 though.

rjfrandle said:
My Caller ID has never worked since I got my VIP 622 A little over a month ago. I got the update Tuesday night, and now my calls are all popping up the way they should. So...it appears to have fixed whatever was causing mine not to work.

Same here. My 622 Caller ID is finally working! :D

NightRyder

So it looks like the TV Entertainment option in the DVR menu will be just like their regular VOD options, except instead on SD movies for a cost, we will get TV shows and other possible events for a cost. Although it does look like some of them may be free.

Now the BIG question is will they be SD or HD. My guess is SD, which means I won't watch them. Sigh.

I also like the fact that cell phones without names associated with them now show the phone number properly. It always showed as Unavailable before.

REALLY dumb question - if I have Caller ID thru my phone service shouldn't it show up on my 622 as well? NOTE: I'm using Sunrocket and the wireless phone jacks.

Is Dish implementing the same VOD features on their 522 and 625 receivers. It would seem that these are their target market for selling SD VOD programming. I could see them implementing the same features on the 622 so as to not leave their flagship receiver out on new features. And a portion of the 622 market might buy SD VOD. But it wouldn't make sense to me if these features were being targeted to 622 owners and not made available on the SD DVRs.

Many of my signal strengths on 129 have droped from 68 to 53 etc. I called dish and got a tech that talked very good english new what he was talking about but was very mixed up when he asked me to to a 6,1,1 to get to the signal menu and to find some of the hd transponders had dropped to 54 etc. He then had me check on software number and again was distrubed that I had 3.63. His instructions said current software for the 622 was 3.60. As he was reading his screen it changed on him and updated to 3.63. It told him the software release was to take place today.
He had no idea as to why I lost 10 or more % signal on some of the weak transponders. He wrote up a complete report of all signal strengths on all transponders of 129 and submitted a report to engineering.
Dave

Jolard said:
So it looks like the TV Entertainment option in the DVR menu will be just like their regular VOD options, except instead on SD movies for a cost, we will get TV shows and other possible events for a cost. Although it does look like some of them may be free.

Now the BIG question is will they be SD or HD. My guess is SD, which means I won't watch them. Sigh.

ANy confirmation of this? I interpreted it as being a place where, if you buy a VOD rental, it shows up in the list for the 24 hours you have the ability to watch it.

I prefer your explanation, but am not sure which one is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)