L365 Bugs

Mine never have the bug in both 363 && 365.

BTW, I have not seen mentioned here (if I missed), the 365 did fix the endless loop on TV Entertainment section, now, you can exit just like other recording contents.

abricko said:
This is why E* needs a form on their website to submit a proper bug report.
It's a nice idea, but it would get filled with SO MUCH GARBAGE it would defeat the usefulness that it could provide. People would submit items that are 100% user-error, for example. Ruling those out would use up valuable time on someone's part that could (should) be spent working on REAL issues.

I don't think people give them enough credit. Yes, they put out software that has issues but does DirecTV or TiVo or any cable set-top provider put out as many GOOD software updates with as many features as Dish receivers have ?? I was with TWC for a couple of years recently and in that time they pushed 3-4 software updates total. One of those was similar to this 3.63 to 3.65 update too in that they released an update and THEN discovered a major bug. Of the remaining three, only ONE had any big feature added.

Back to the original topic, I'm not seeing the pause bug on live TV, just like I didn't experience the audio bug with 3.63. Knock on wood.... ;)

I was on TIVO beta for a while... and actually real tivo (not D* crippled) had a great beta system and they released some good software and when there were issues they'd update pretty promptly. I realize it's easier for TIVO as they are supporting many less units than E* but their beta system was good, form to submit bugs was good too. It can be done and I think E* would benefit if they had a good form on their site (maybe not published to everyone just Satguys members)

The TiVo beta forum is private, only Beta testers can access and use it. It is not a community gripe forum.

Last edited:
Can only assume this is a bug, but, since the 365 download the audio sometimes sounds distorted. Like a quick stutter/fast garble. This isn't channel specific, just happens at random.

Problem with ESPNHD with L365

My 622 had been very stable for about 4 months after software updates fixed initial problems until L363. After L363 was installed I had severe problems with audio that required many reboots. L365 fixed the audio problems, but now I have a severe problem with ESPNHD, but I do not have the pause problem that many people have.
When watching the South Carloina - Auburn football game Thursday night, on 7 occasions I received the message that the satelite signal had been lost. The weather was perfect. My 6000 did not experience a signal loss as I had it turned to ESPNHD in another room. Twice I had to reboot, but the other 5 times I went through several different message screens and got it back. I had a similar thing happen several times today when I was watching and recording the Tennessee - Memphis game on ESPNHD. On one of the occasions I went to back to the DVD screen and started watching the recorded version - which was completely blank from the beginning. After trying many ways to try to get the program back, I had to reboot. ESPNHD then came in fine and I could watch the recorded program perfectly up until the time that I rebooted. Again, my 6000 was receiving ESPNHD perfectly all of the time. We have watched a lot of TV since the L365 update without any problems on any of the other channels. This is a really weird and annoying bug. Before L365, I had never had a problem with ESPNHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)