L365 software for the 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
I BELIEVE these are the release notes for this software...
1. Feature preparation for additional DVR content delivery designed to allow easier access to custom content.
2. Support for new switches under development.
3. Expanded transponder channel/frequency plan support for FSS satellites.
4. Improved agile UHF modulator performance.
5. Efficiency improvement for program guide download.
6. Caller ID functionality fixes.
7. UI updates and functional updates associated with the Point Dish and signal acquisition function.
8. Update to sorting function for captured DVR events.
9. Text change for screen saver logo in standby state.
Well I guess that makes sense. The 3.63 release notes didn't tell us that it was going to wack the sound output for 50% of the installed base. So why sould these release notes tell us that 3.65 will wack the other 50%. Or was it fix the sound on 50%? Whatever.

Wacking the sound is not a big enough deal to even mention :mad:

Talon Dancer

David_Levin said:
I assume I'm on the new software. Can't get to sysinfo with the record running.

Wow, I haven't been this annoyed with the Dish PVR since I had the 921.

DON'T LOAD SOFTWARE DURING PRIMETIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to the counters page; I think it is Menu, 6, then 3, then Counters. On the second page, it will say what your LAST software was. If it says 3.63, then you got the new one.

abricko said:
they can't acknowledge fixes... in case they try to fix something and then break it worse! :) I was going to be upset if they didn't release something this week to *hopefully* make up for the last bad software release...

also those release notes sound like additions to l363

text was changed on screen saver, the tv entertainment stuff...

Exactly! It doesn't sound like a fix at all. But keeping fingers crossed still!

Two recorded shows had serious video corruption tonight, while live TV was fine after the update. Hopefully we haven't fixed the audio and messed up the video.

rockymtnhigh said:
Get to the counters page; I think it is Menu, 6, then 3, then Counters. On the second page, it will say what your LAST software was. If it says 3.63, then you got the new one.
Or you can just press the Menu button Twice and read the current software:) FWIWI was recording something while I did this.

Talon Dancer

David_Levin said:
I assume I'm on the new software. Can't get to sysinfo with the record running.
You can also hit "menu" twice to see the non-destructive sysinfo screen. That won't interrupt your recording.

Mine hasn't updated yet though it was off all day.

Well they cant always fix everything!! They can only do so much but seems like they are trying to get things done.. Heck seemed like they just had that update out not too lonl ago.. Now they have another one so let's see what this does but in the long run no provider is always going to get it right. They will make mistakes but make sure you guys with 622 keep everyone up to date when you get the new update. Good Luck I will keep my fingers cross also! :)

ralfyguy I guess you got the latest update?? Did you unplug the receiver for about 2-3 minutes then plug things back in to see how things work??

After a 39 minute upgrade process, wherein the 622 died during the satellite locator step TWICE, I now have L365. I had to pull the plug and do a hard reset to complete the reboot. I didn't have the audio bug before and I don't seem to now.

But I do have the annoyiing Pause bug. I pause live TV a lot. Now if I do, when I hit play it jumps to the Live broadcast and I have to perform a high-speed "rewind" to get to where I was.

Hmm weird one.. Since then have you just done a normal power down then turn the receiver back on?? After you turn it back on did you see if the "pause bug" thing still happens?? If so we will see who else sees this if so that would be one to E-mail in for sure.. Good Luck Tom let us know what happens or what you found out..

Poke said:
Well we will see be interesting see if anyone else has that issue..

I noted this problem earlier. Just got done watching Survivor on DVR. Went to live tv, and have not been able to replicate the bug I had earlier tonight. My machine has not rebooted yet either. Maybe it was an early glitch.... maybe...

Yeah let us know later after a normal reboot.. We will keep our fingers crossed.. Oh one other thing folks might check and make sure your TV's dont have a "firmware update" Mainly folks having issues with HDMI... I know on some of the Sonys like mine they have a USB port in the back just for that thing.. Anyway something else to look into some makers might not right software updates for their sets but check to see if yours does. If anyone needs help looking into please let me know will be glad to help.. :)

Last edited:
Did you unplug the unit for about 2-3 minutes then see if it does it?? Make sure the unit is power off before you unplug it then plug it in turn it on..

I had to reboot twice after a lock up. Good thing I got it all working in time before Survivor or the Wife would of made me get rid of Dish.

They should not do upgrades right before Prime time shows. Maybe Sunday at 3am would be a better time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)