L4.02 to spool Thursday 4-5-07.....

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Since I still have L3.66....called tech support on Sat. 3-31-07 to see what the holdup is, a woman from level 2 tech support says there are widespread reports
that subscribers are complaining of "sluggish channel changing" and that tech
support has experience the same thing as well. Therefore L4.02 wll replace L.366
and L4.01 starting thursday. This is no april fools joke....rolou21

thanks for that word. I have not had anywhere nar the problems others have had with 4.01 but this s good to know. and while it deals with similar issues as other threads this is really different than most of the other threads as it is word of the release date of a ne version. Just my two cents.

Maybe this explains why I still have L3.66 as well. I hope 4.02 also addresses the signal lock loss and lock ups some are reporting with the 4.01. I too think a new software update (other than 4.01) warrants a new thread.

Jeff

New SW eventually will come to any receiver, would it be 4.02 or other number.

But today is special day - I wouldn't trust such posting. Especailly when in normal days we saw too many errors, delay, etc.

4/4/2007: 1000 Software Version L4.02 for ViP 622 DVR
Effective Thursday, April 5th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.02 for the ViP622DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.01 and L4.02 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Now we'll just see if it actually happens.

My guess is that it will not happen. (I'm more likely to be right with this guess than the alternative). :)

My guess is that it will not happen. (I'm more likely to be right with this guess than the alternative). :)

agreed. But all he is foing is reporting the news. and that is a service to the community.

It will happen when no one reports anything, lol. I am happy with the way it is now though. Everything seems to work fine. The only thing I would really want is when the update is where we can add our own external hard drive. Unless that is the update they can leave my 622 the way it is now. It's just fine!

Jay

L4.01 is a TOTAL POS!! Whenever I watch Center Ice OR auto tune to DVR a show my 4.01 622 reboots every 14-15 minutes! It's not fun getting back home and hitting the DVR button for my recordings and seeing 10 programs with either 14 or 15 minute run times.

Replace this cheet now Dish!!

is this true? Can I expect to have the software update from 3.66 to 4.02 this week?

How does the update come down and do you have any control over when/how and if it takes?

I wouldn't expect it, the L4.02 will be initially rolled out to under 100k units on Thursday. It is not going to be a full rollout.

I had one problem with 4.01 but haven't been able to reproduce the result. The only other thing I saw wrong with 4.01 is the time it took it to lock onto the OTA signal when tuning from a satellite channel.

Other than that I have been happy with 4.01.

It's been taken off. It's not on the hidden list anymore. So not even a partial release. Seems like L4.01 was messed up enough to have to work a little longer on the bugfixes for L4.02.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)