L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got my 4.03 today. Seems to have fixed my loss of signal and studdering on one of my digital locals (PBS) 13.01 Pittsburgh Pa. Also increased my digital strength on all of my Digital locals by about 3 or 4 percent. Will see if it fixed the problem of having to do a manual hard reboot to fix an issue of loosing all local digital signal at least once a day.:)

On the other hand, Sopranos recorded on A&E HD isn't HD either, though it's watermarked so.

Multipath?

I still have multipath problems w/ 403. I haven't had time to tell if it is better or worse yet. With just a little time that I have watched the PBS HD channel that has it the worse seems to still have it just as bad. My Panny TU-HDS20 is still much better than the 622 (this is the oldest HDTV rec that I have). The FF & RW seems to work smoother. Channel change is now about 2 secs to audio & 3 to video.

What is multipath? My Des Moines OTA CBS channel was great before 4.01 and still is on my TV's tuner. I have 4.03 now, and CBS still stutters every 2 minutes or so. They seem to have fixed the locks on my previous recordings though.

Got updated from 366 to 403 last night. It came down a couple of minutes before a timer was set to start. I heard the fan noise that occurs with a reboot and took a look. The timer had been canceled, as expected. When I hit the record button it would not record the program, saying something about missing guide data. So I watched the rest of the program and decided to check things out this morning. Things seem back to normal now, except that there was a recording on the disk that had never been scheduled.

Just received L4.03 last night from L3.66.

I want to suppress all SD channels that are a content mirror of their HD counterparts (i.e 140 ESPN). I locked the SD version of 140, then selected Hide Locks. The SD version still appears in the EPG. What did I do wrong, or is this not possible??

What is multipath? ...

From Wikipedia: "...multipath is the propagation phenomenon that results in radio signals' reaching the receiving antenna by two or more paths. Causes of multipath include atmospheric ducting, ionospheric reflection and refraction, and reflection from terrestrial objects, such as mountains and buildings...."

"...multipath causes jitter and ghosting,..."

Just received L4.03 last night from L3.66.

I want to suppress all SD channels that are a content mirror of their HD counterparts (i.e 140 ESPN). I locked the SD version of 140, then selected Hide Locks. The SD version still appears in the EPG. What did I do wrong, or is this not possible??

You have to actually lock the system. Go to the menu that says lock and enter password when prompted.. Then your channels will disapear.,

Can't Record PPV on DVD with L4.03

I posted this on another thread before I realized this big one was here, so please forgive me for repeating myself.

I have always recorded all of my PPV Movies on DVDs using either composite or S-Video. Last night I received the L4.03 software and now my DVD Recorder says "Copy Protected-Can't Record" as soon as I press the record button. I can record programs, but no PPV movies. I just recorded one last night and I didn't have any problems, but I had a couple more to record and I received the error message on both movies. I've recorded over 100 PPV Movies and this is the first time I've ever had this problem, so I figure it must be the software.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Dan

Wow! If PPV movies can no longer be recorded, I will never purchase another PPV movie again.

I've time-shifted every PPV I've ever purchased. And I've watched all of them twice over a 4-6 month period.

If you can't record them, then they might as well turn them off as far as I'm concerned.

Well seems like the issue with displaying the wrong SAT and TP in the SS screen has been fixed, however the lost locks are still counting up...

Well seems like the issue with displaying the wrong SAT and TP in the SS screen has been fixed, however the lost locks are still counting up...

Yep. They just keep going up, and up, and up..........

That really sucks if you can't record PPV movies to a DVD. I assume that the movie was recorded to the 622 and then you want it to copy it to a DVD. :(

I posted this on another thread before I realized this big one was here, so please forgive me for repeating myself.

I have always recorded all of my PPV Movies on DVDs using either composite or S-Video. Last night I received the L4.03 software and now my DVD Recorder says "Copy Protected-Can't Record" as soon as I press the record button. I can record programs, but no PPV movies. I just recorded one last night and I didn't have any problems, but I had a couple more to record and I received the error message on both movies. I've recorded over 100 PPV Movies and this is the first time I've ever had this problem, so I figure it must be the software.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Dan

I've been waiting for a response in either thread but so far no one has tried to record to DVD I guess. I have quite a few PPVs on the HD and will transfer to DVDs starting tonight, since I still have 4.01 just in case your experience is the new SOP.

Phil

Can't find the 'native pass through' I thought was going be in this release.

Ok I got the update and I am not a happy camper so far. I seem to have lost all of my OTA. I tried to go and rescan but it gets absolutely no signal strength. It is also supposed to be recording but it is not perhaps because it was supposed to be recording OTA and that isnt there. I will finish watching the program I am watching and then go reboot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)