L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I had to guess I'd so no affect at all. Do you have any issue with DVR'ing PPV's now?

I've never bought a PPV, and won't until there is a better selection in HD. I was just wondering if this might have something to do with why the archiving was being delayed so much.

Brad

I'll bet it downloads next time you power it up.

I was halfway expecting that to happen last night when we got home and flipped the wall switch to on but it didn't. It also didn't this morning when I applied power (I've started checking the software version every time I power up).

So........ I'll take the bet but I'm ready to lose, too.

Phil

OT azdevil, have you had DirecTV? I'm considering switching myself. What are your experiences with them?

Only reason I switched from directv is that I was an A-list customer of 9 years and they wanted $300 to upgrade to HD. My local cox cable had a free install for HD so I said bye bye DTV. But I found the Cox DVR very cumbersome so I made the switch to Dish.

While I love the Dish VIP 622 for it's functionality, this false satellite signal loss is getting frustrating. Just so you know, I just went thru the 40 min matrix clearing process that Mike suggested and no luck. I'm still getting the acquiring signal errors:(

I guess I'll try the 2nd option and get the $5.99 plan but I'm not happy about it at all.

If Directv gets their HD act together by next hockey season AND they offer a nearly free install deal, I will jump over again in a heartbeat. BTW, directv did call me after I cancelled and their offer went down from $299 to $40 but by then it was too late.

I really do love some of the voom channels so i'll be very dissapointed if I cant get these errors worked out.

Thanks for your reply. I know D* and E* both have their strengths and weaknesses but I really want FSN North HD and The Big Ten network when it launches. I have been extremely happy with everything else from E*.

Just so you know, I just went thru the 40 min matrix clearing process that Mike suggested and no luck. I'm still getting the acquiring signal errors:(

This is disappointing.

Is no one else having problems with slo-mo forward and reverse??

Ever since getting 4.03 I've had big problems. If I REWIND back a few minutes and hit pause, it looks okay. Then if I hit Forward to go to 1/15th speed, it jumps several seconds. Then it plays forward through 5-10 seconds, the image starts to pixelate, then it freezes and stays frozen. Same when using 1/4th speed.

I was trying to rewatch a close play at first base from a baseball game last night and it was next to impossible to do so. It kept skipping over the play or freezing up before the key moment.

The same thing happened when I attempted to use these functions on three recorded events.

I did a full power off/on reboot and that made no difference.

I wonder how this will affect archiving to an external hard drive, if and when that is ever introduced?
The external HDD that's been mentioned as being supported sometime in the future will act as a 2nd HDD to the built-in HDD of the DVR. If you're thinking it's external and you could put stuff on it and then move the HDD to your PC, you're wrong.

Originally Posted by azdevil View Post
Just so you know, I just went thru the 40 min matrix clearing process that Mike suggested and no luck. I'm still getting the acquiring signal errors

This is disappointing.

Before calling E* for the $5.99 plan, I thought I'd try to power off/on reboot and much to my surprise, it seems to have done the trick. The "swap" key works as it should and I even DVR'd a couple of shows both on 129 and 110 channels and they recorded correctly.

So when you get a chance later, I would run that matrix process, then do a reboot. Only time will tell if this will stick but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:up

Before calling E* for the $5.99 plan, I thought I'd try to power off/on reboot and much to my surprise, it seems to have done the trick. The "swap" key works as it should and I even DVR'd a couple of shows both on 129 and 110 channels and they recorded correctly.

So when you get a chance later, I would run that matrix process, then do a reboot. Only time will tell if this will stick but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:up

That's good news azdevil, hopefully it sticks. I did a front panel reset last night and it seemed to fix the problem but it ended up coming back within a few mintues.

I'm not so sure about the bad LNB thing. Why would the LNB be fine for months and then go bad after a software update?

I told you that clearing the check switch matrix would help you with your second tuner problems. I learned that from a dish tech a couple of months ago when I lost my second tuner for no reason.

One other thing will work if nothing else doesn't. IF you clear your switch matrix and you reboot and still no second tuner, the Dish techs suggest replacing the dishpro seperator , any diplexors you are using and replace with new cables from the seperator to your receiver. I had to do this when nothing else would work. Luckily I have a good back stock of diplexors, seperators and RG6 coaxes of various lengths.

Is no one else having problems with slo-mo forward and reverse??

Ever since getting 4.03 I've had big problems. If I REWIND back a few minutes and hit pause, it looks okay. Then if I hit Forward to go to 1/15th speed, it jumps several seconds. Then it plays forward through 5-10 seconds, the image starts to pixelate, then it freezes and stays frozen. Same when using 1/4th speed.

I was trying to rewatch a close play at first base from a baseball game last night and it was next to impossible to do so. It kept skipping over the play or freezing up before the key moment.

The same thing happened when I attempted to use these functions on three recorded events.

I did a full power off/on reboot and that made no difference.

I had this problem before the 4.01 and 4.03 updates, and I still do. Sometimes it works and other times it won't. Makes it real hard to check the close calls in baseball and the blueline offsides in hockey....

Wouldn't this just have to be some form of macrovision? I haven't priced one of those macrovision filters in a while but I think Best Buy and other places sell them.

No. It's not macrovision.

So far so good

So far, I'm extremely happy with L4.03 There seem to be improvements to the ATSC tuner's multipath handling as I can now get a lock on the local PBS station which was not possible with L3.66. Big improvement! Sat HD channel to channel switching takes about two seconds. Very fast. All positive and no negative so far. I've not seen the trick play issues others have reported. Another variable is your hardware rev. I'm on rev. H.

.....G

Last edited:
GROAN... ok I thought the tech support would be better than csr experience. BUT! NOT! I called about losing the HD OTA channels on both of my 622 receivers since the L4.03 update.
Are your other receivers operating ok? yes
Can you press guide on your remote please..... ok At the top does it say "all subscribed" ? So I go through the explanation that all of my channels are listed... that is not the problem and explain that the software update changed the receiver so it says there is no signal from the off air antenna. Of course she next says it means there is a problem with my antenna and I explain that my LG, 811, and 6000 are on the same antenna and are just fine.
So she puts me on hold only to come back and tell me that I have to hook my antenna directly into my tv because the 622 doesnt have an ota tuner........ now you see how it is going. I explain I have been watching my local ota hd channels through the 622 up until this software update and that it indeed does have an hd ota tuner in it. On hold again. She comes back to tell me the 622 has no analog tuner..... duh I repeat again that I am talking about hd ota and ask to please speak to her supervisor or someone that knows what a 622 is. She says I will have to call back in to speak to someone higher up and the 622 does not have an analog tuner. Ok calmly but firmly I repeat again.... please listen, I am talking about my ota digital high definition channels that I have been watching on this very same receiver since the day I got it but they are now gone since the software update to L4.03. Back on hold for quite a while.
BINGO! She is so sorry for the confusion. There is a problem with the update and they have several reports. She had not been informed of it and she was so so sorry. So, I made her add me to the list. She said she was glad I stood my ground. Of course she says "they are aware of the digitizing and the loss of ota and are working on it" (of course we all know what that means but we can always hope)

I tried the empty check switch, then connected check switch then reboot and its still not working:(

Can someone please point me to the email address to send bugs to?

Thanks

I have sent two emails to the beta.bugs@echostar.com email and received thankyou replys for continuing to help them with the software. I think everyone should do the same that was a tester for L4.01. THis might be a way to directly help them fix the software bugs for all software updates. Just change the heading to L. 4.03 software bugs instead of L. 4.01 software bugs.

L403 isn't a beta test. I would suggest advanced tech team a ceo@echostar.com.

True, but based on email correspondence with the Beta Group they are still working issues that came up with beta 4.01 not worked/fixed in 4.03. OTA is one of these issues. Apparently they are writing debug program to ferret out some of these problems.

Jim

I think it's safe to send bug-related e-mails to that beta.bugs e-mail address.

By the way, I've sent in (2) reports and has anyone gotten more than a one-sentence reply ?? I got back

"We have received a few reports for this issue, thanks for your feedback."

and

"Thanks so much for the update, we are looking into these issues."

At least they're not automated responses....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts