L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2006
I can definitely see how that could happen, but this was an earlier evening show and I just selected to record the remainder of it.

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2006
Yes! 5.1 is one thing that is definitely working on mine. Unfortunately, there are now so many audio drops, I'd be happy to go back to what it was before.

mdwatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 29, 2006
Jackson, OH
I'm still using an optical cable for audio. No audio drops for me. Guess I'll stick with that for now. I'm transferring video with HDMI, but audio with optical. Seems to work pretty good.

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
I seem to be having a sort of audio delay problem. If I pause or skip back or forward it seems like it takes about 2 seconds for the audio to start. It only appears to happen with dolby digital and not PCM. I'm using HDMI. I wonder if the new 5.1 via HDMI screwed it up?

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
Anything on a fix for 4.03?

Has anyone heard of or seen a fix for the L4.03 update debacle? I don't know how much longer my wife will tolerate this. (Main TV w/622 rebooting 4-5 times a day :( , bedroom TV w/211 no longer gets OTA :mad: ).

Anyone?

t3rror

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 1, 2005
I can also state that I have had some audio sync problems lately. I have the video of my 622 being passed over HDMI and audio optical out to my reciever. I may try to hook up over component cables to see if this fixes the problem. I have been meaning to do that anyway to see what the color looks like over them compared to the HDMI.

jrobins121

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 20, 2006
Columbus, Oh
Anything on a fix for 4.03?

Has anyone heard of or seen a fix for the L4.03 update debacle? I don't know how much longer my wife will tolerate this. (Main TV w/622 rebooting 4-5 times a day :( , bedroom TV w/211 no longer gets OTA :mad: ).

Anyone?

I'm looking for an answer to this question also. I had a stable 622 until this most recent series of "upgrades". Now, watching a complete prime time show can be a real adventure. Dish needs to take this seriously and get it fixed.

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
I can also state that I have had some audio sync problems lately. I have the video of my 622 being passed over HDMI and audio optical out to my reciever. I may try to hook up over component cables to see if this fixes the problem. I have been meaning to do that anyway to see what the color looks like over them compared to the HDMI.
I wonder if the new 5.1 takes a second to process and that causes the delay? I think the delay only occurs when the program is 5.1 audio.

justlost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 24, 2005
You need to add me. Up until this update I had no problems for over a year. Now over the last two weeks my 622 has locked up 4 times and I had to reboot to get it back. Not a big problem but after a year and many updates later of no problems I feel bad! Now I do not know if it will be running when I need to record something?

Has anyone had it freeze up when not viewing(When Off)?

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2006
Last night was absolutely nuts with audio drop outs! At one point, there were 9 or 10 "micro-drops" with the audio cutting in and out for split seconds at a time. The display in my reciever was flipping out-- flashing the DD logo on and off as the signal dropped and came back. In general, last night also had more of the standard "one-at-a time" drops as well.

Don't know if this is related, but the last few days I occasionally get "machine-gun" pops in some audio (I think it's only the OTA sources) where I will have for several minutes pop after pop after pop. Usually goes away after the network cuts to commercial. Maybe that's something in the feed? I don't know, as it happened on both FOX and ABC.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
If Dish breaks it, they need to be held accountable.

In the case of HD DVRs like the 622, I think if Dish breaks it and can't fix their own screwup within a couple weeks they should be willing to replace the unit AND insure the customer gets to keep whatever they've got recorded on it.

That may mean giving the customer a compatible external storage device to transfer their recordings to but it's about time they were held accountable for their actions.

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
I thought it was my imagination at first. But I also see the pulsing now. Either way is fin3 with me.

I wish they would have the fast forward work like my old DirecTv/Tivo box. When you were fast forwarding and hit play, it would jump back a few seconds. This was most handy when going real fast and then seeing your show come back on.

A note on pulsing.

I've recently had some time to watch more television so i can't say if it's caused by the software update or something else. But on United 93, and Elizabeth town (two different HD movie channels) as well as a recording off the Satellite HD local WCCO channel have all exhibited pulsing of the dark areas in a image to noticeable degree. I've also noticed it in recordings of The Tudors.

This only occurs on playback, and probably happens other times but is most noticeable with a dark scene as the black will move towards purple, then jump back to black, and move back towards purple.

If I pause the playback, the pulsing doesn't happen. Thus I don't believe it's my television but something with playback in the receiver.

I'm connected to a Samsung DLP 56" television, via HDMI.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I believe pulsing is a symptom of compression. I see it really bad on the Dish SD Locals.

guruka

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 27, 2003
Sunny New Mexico
Pulsing of black levels

I do not see this at all. Do you have auto-color, auto-black level or any kind of image auto correction turned on on your television? If so, turn them all off.

.....G

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I do not see this at all. Do you have auto-color, auto-black level or any kind of image auto correction turned on on your television? If so, turn them all off.
I also did not see that phenomenon on The Tudors on the 622.
I recommend that, for watching HD, everything in the TV's menus that has an "on" and "off" be turned off (for any TV less than $4,000 anyway).

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
I believe pulsing is a symptom of compression. I see it really bad on the Dish SD Locals.

I agree with the compression thought and posted this a while back somewhere. But watch or record PTI (or any SD program) on ESPN-HD. Get close to your screen and look at the black/gray/white pillar bars that are added since the show is not HD. The pulsing is there and has been for quite some time.

Last edited:

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
L404

Hello,

I switched to Dish today after a few years with Comcast (since Voom disappeared!). I got a new VIP-622, and it has L404 software installed on it.

FWIW...

Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)