L4.41 Software

My second 622 still doesn't have it yet. THis is the last night ,if it doesn't happen tonight, I won't be ready by tomorrow when I try to enable the hard drive support.

L441

It appears that L441 is not a "cure all" for me. I have had problems under 405 with my 622 given the BSOD about once every few days. I seems that L441 is no better in this area. In fact since I got the update on friday a.m. the BSODs have increased to almost daily.
I will be so glad when my lease is up the first week of October! This is the first unit that I have every leased from Dish. I will buy a 722 in october and send them back this POS :(.
Gerry

No 4.41 for me last night either. Hoping update comes tonight to be ready by tomorrow when I try to enable the hard drive support.

Wouldn't you think they would send it to everyone at least a couple days before the ext HD feature is to be offered? What, are the rest of going to get it overnight or tomorrow morning then hope there are not problems?

Wouldn't you think they would send it to everyone at least a couple days before the ext HD feature is to be offered? What, are the rest of going to get it overnight or tomorrow morning then hope there are not problems?

They'll probably spool it tonight so tomorrow morning everyone has it. They said it would be ready by the 15th so we'll see.

IF they spool it by tonight so everyone gets it I will be surprised . ONly allowing certain receivers to get this software is a stupid way to do a update on a MAJOR feature that they just advertised last night. How are they expecting to make that $40.00 off of everyone, if they don't have it enabled by software update by tomorrow?

Morning depression. No 4.41 for me last night. Where are my meds?

I hear ya!

I had to laugh during last night's tech chat when they said they were rolling out the update gradually!

HA! Gradual? It went to 280 units and the rest will be tonite or tomorrow night. That's not exactly gradual!

They are probably waiting since they got tired of everyone who did already get it calling to try to activate the USB support before the 15th.

That or they're still deciding whether or not it's really ready for a full-scale release.

HA! Gradual? It went to 280 units and the rest will be tonite or tomorrow night. That's not exactly gradual!
That's pretty funny. I've had L4.41 on one of my 622s for almost a week while the other still has L4.05. They will have to push it out to the remainder of 622 this evening. Out of curiosity, at what time are the nightly updates scheduled...after what time?

IF they spool it by tonight so everyone gets it I will be surprised . ONly allowing certain receivers to get this software is a stupid way to do a update on a MAJOR feature that they just advertised last night. How are they expecting to make that $40.00 off of everyone, if they don't have it enabled by software update by tomorrow?

I've had L4.41 it since last week. They will likely get it out to everyone tonight. How many people besides us even know about the Tech Chat last night or the External HD feature coming tomorrow? Not many. Let's face it, the average Joe Dish customer has no clue. Having the software only going out to a certain number of receivers is a smart way of being sure that if the software was not ready for prime time, major disruption of service could be avoided.

With that said, I've got my FreeAgent hooked up to my 622 and I've got L4.41, so when I have my morning coffee tomorrow morning, I'll be calling them to activate it. If for some reason I can't, I'll be disappointed and if I were you and woke up tomorrow and I didn't have the software, I'd be disappointed as well. I guess the most disappointing would be if some of us had the feature working tomorrow and others didn't. It seems to me that they've had plenty of time to prepare for this and everything seems to be well thought out, so I don't think the few of us that know about this will be disappointed tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see.

I tried to call in last night on the tech chat but they didn't want to address my question about maximum capacity and using an enclosure with more than one drive in it so they passed me off to tech support, so I played along. The first person I talked to listened to my question and immediately said she would have to get me to an "advanced" technician to answer my question. The advanced tech came on the line, listened to my question and HAD NO IDEA what i was talking about!!! He said he was only aware of the PocketDish doing what I was asking about. I told him to go have a look at the tech chat and accompanying documentation because this feature was rolling out on Wednesday and he better be ready!

Having the software only going out to a certain number of receivers is a smart way of being sure that if the software was not ready for prime time, major disruption of service could be avoided.

To a certain extent this is true, of course proper beta testing should eliminate problems for the most part. ha ha

Still, I would think you would want to cut it loose a couple days before it is needed due to Dish's history of problems with different revisions of it's hardware with the same software release.

How many people besides us even know about the Tech Chat last night or the External HD feature coming tomorrow? Not many. Let's face it, the average Joe Dish customer has no clue.
Very true. Fact is, if they're late, they're late. They can delay this for a week or a month. There are NO repercussions of them doing this.

I'll be surprised as well if I get the update any time close to the 15th - end of the month most likely. I am always the last to get any update although I have had my 622 for almost a year. I think it may have something to do with where you live. I live deep in the Eastern part of Texas in a region known as the Piney Woods. I'm 140 miles from Dallas to my West and 120 miles from Shreveport, La. to my East. There ain't nothing out here. In fact, I only got broadband a few months ago.

I bet they roll out to people in the big cities first, then small cities, then towns and finally to the country folk. I don't know this for sure but that may be what happens. Does anyone living in the sticks have L4.41?

When Can I Order NHL Center Ice?

I can't get Dish to replace my 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)