L4.44

This is what is up on the E* Tech Portal:

9/24/2007: 1532 Software Version L4.31 for ViP 211/DISH 411
Effective Tuesday, September 25th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.31 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.45, L4.31, and L4.33 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

That's for the 211s and it's spooling but L4.44 is not spooling, yet.

This one is for the 622s:

9/24/2007: 1533 Software Version L4.44 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, September 25th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.44 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.43 and L4.44 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

Oops! Sorry. Here is the correct info:

Effective Tuesday, September 25th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.44 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.43 and L4.44 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR

Oops! Sorry. Here is the correct info:

At this time L4.43 and L4.44 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR

Any release notes?

After months of flawless operation, 443 killed my OTA signals.

What Dish posts no their website don't mean sh*t.... :D When RandallA or P Smith say it's in the stream, then it's for real.

Come on, how many times has that page been *wrong* ? I mean, there's honestly no need to update that page ahead of time. Fact is, too often when they do, people catch it (must have their web browser 'watching' the page and telling them when it's updated ..... didn't IE used to support something like that ?) and "announce" it here. Then it doesn't happen and there's an outcry !

I just checked and my receiver has L444.

Unfortunately, I am still getting the 588 error screen about maintaining a continuous land-line/broadband connection to avoid the fee (I am, via broadband).

Release notes? Anyone? (Nothing on Tony's page yet, either.)

Cheers,
Red

Last edited:
You say yes, I say no.
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

I say high, you say low.
You say why and I say I don't know, oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello

Is there a way to manually force the receiver to DL the update? 443 (according to TS) is what is causing my reboot.

If it's in the serial number range being spooled to just put it in standby (power off via remote), it it's not then no.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)