L5.11 begins rollout to new wave of machines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They just signed a lucrative deal with advertisers. This is to get us so frustrated
that we start watching the commercials instead of skipping through them.
Very sneaky on their part....:)

Another weird one that I'd actually like if it was consistent, and I'm not 100% sure it's happening 100% of the time, but it seems to be...

I'm recording a tennis match since 7am this morning that still has an hour left according to the EPG. I go to 'start over', so I can see it from the beginning, and will eventually catch up to live sometime this afternoon. I decided I wasnt paying enough attention to the match so I will probably watch it later. I look through my recordings, and select something else. I get bored with that recording and go back to the tennis match in my recording list and select' start over'. The tennis recording starts from where I was last watching it (as in its been bookmarked).

This is a new issue, since when I 'start over' from something that is currently recording it has always taken me to the beginning. It is not taking me to the beginning if I select the live recording directly from watching something in my recordings list with L511.

I say I actually like this because I had always wished for the ability to return to the point of 'pause' or change of channel when watching something 'live' that is also being recorded.

It is currently working like a sticky pause, but only when I exit the live recording by selecting something else that's been DVR'd and return to the live recording...

FF is a mess in 511

I've got the same problem with FF - I always end up 1 - 2 munites AHEAD of where I stopped! Very frustrating!!!

When is 512 coming? <g>

It appears my FF problem is only on tuner 2. Tuner 1 seems to be working fine. In the past when software updates caused problems, Sat Guys bitched about it here, and a few days later the bug was cleared up. Does anyone know how we can put the pressure on Dish?

It appears my FF problem is only on tuner 2. Tuner 1 seems to be working fine. In the past when software updates caused problems, Sat Guys bitched about it here, and a few days later the bug was cleared up. Does anyone know how we can put the pressure on Dish?

Dish knows about the problem and is working on it.

My only complaint about 5.11 is they changed the key sequence to closed captioning.

I'm used to quickly keying 8-8-1
Now that goes to something else, and I have to force myself to key 8-7-1.

I do like that "USB Storage" now shows up in the DVR list. Much quicker to get to archived recordings that way.

Is anyone else having this problem. Since the update, the 622 I have has been either locking up (requiring a reboot) or suddenly has no sound if I "jump" forward (also requiring a reboot). Has happened about four times since Wednesday. I might add that I have had zero problems since I bought it from Scott a year and half ago.

Two bugs I discovered today. I don't know if either existed prior to L511 but I've not seen either before.

1. Search shows results from hidden unavailable channels. We already know that Search will return results you don't subscribe to. This is worse, now it returns results you can't subscribe to. For example, I was searching for something and it is on UNIHD. I get three results: 366 UNIHD, 5437 SPSOU, and 9427 UNIHD. The reason the second shows 5437 is that's the closest channel available to me to the real 5512 UNIHD that I can't subscribe to. I don't know if this might be related to the multiple mirrors of HD channels (why so many channel ranges anyway?) but I haven't encountered any other hidden unavailable channels in Search results.

2. I was on an OTA channel and decided I wanted to view satellite signal strengths. Menu 6-1-1, the box appeared to lock up. Actually it wasn't locked, I could cancel back out, the signal screen stayed but I could hear the audio. Turn the box off. Signal screen was still there but audio went away. Turn it back on. Audio comes back. It's like it was operating normally except, no picture, the signal strength screen was still there the whole time even when it was "off" - I ended up having to reboot the box. Maybe since the signal strength screen defaults to the satellite/transponder of the current channel, it didn't know what to do when it's an OTA channel.

By the way, I concur with Derwin's complaint above. By deleting option "2" from the preferences menu, and moving everything up by one in order to insert the "Mode Reminder" option at 9, they have screwed up eight shortcuts that people may have been used to. Would have been better to add "Mode Reminder" at 2 and leave the rest of them alone. Myself, I was used to menu-8-3 to update my favorites list after every Wednesday uplink, now it's menu-8-2. The closed caption one is an especially poignant one though since on most tv remotes it's a single button press.

Last edited:
Dish knows about the problem and is working on it.

Can you elaborate on this? Scott is mum on the subject. The word is that Dish is "watching us". To me, if they don't fix this bug, it renders the DVR useless and I will jump ship to prove a point. Oddly, when I have watched Euro 2008, the FF Scan bug was non-existent. However, everything else is still affected.

I don't know what "They’re watching us" means. This bug doesn't force me to watch commercials. It just forces me to use the skip back button 20 times to find where I wanted to leave off using the FF Scan.

If anyone has any solid news this, it would be helpful. Is it a purposeful bug places by Dish, or is it an accidental bug that they are trying to resolve?

Call me a skeptic (or just plain stupid), but I think the "problems" we are seeing with FF/Skip are not really problems, but Dish's software workarounds to Tivo's patent lawsuit. There were never any problems in this area until after the judge's ruling a while back. Ever since then I've noticed these issues.

Call me a skeptic (or just plain stupid), but I think the "problems" we are seeing with FF/Skip are not really problems, but Dish's software workarounds to Tivo's patent lawsuit. There were never any problems in this area until after the judge's ruling a while back. Ever since then I've noticed these issues.

I was wondering the exact same thing. If the FF Scan doesn't stop right were it is supposed to, then technically it is different then Tivo. I did notice that ESPN HD is unaffected by the bug.

622/722 are not supposed to be involved in the TiVo thing - supposedly built with the new software from the ground up??

Is it true that you can ONLY get software updates by having a phone line attached? I have mine hooked up by ethernet because I don't have a home phone.

ok, thank you. Guess I'll wait for my 830***** serial number to come up.:)

right there with you Wardfan i'm at 819***** but the way things seem to be going it might not be such a bad thing being on the tail end of the software upgrade or should i call it downgrade - don't know cause i don't have it i still have 449 on my 622

right there with you Wardfan i'm at 819***** but the way things seem to be going it might not be such a bad thing being on the tail end of the software upgrade or should i call it downgrade - don't know cause i don't have it i still have 449 on my 622

You may be right.

Got my update last night. Haven't messed with it enough to see how it runs, but it did update to 511.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)