L5.11 begins rollout to new wave of machines

My 622 was updated when I got home last night and I am usually one of the last ones to get any updates. No problems so far...

I like the USB Storage Folder in the DVR list. It's like a pointer or shortcut but still I don't have to press Menu 4 1 2.

Can you elaborate on this? Scott is mum on the subject. The word is that Dish is "watching us". To me, if they don't fix this bug, it renders the DVR useless and I will jump ship to prove a point. Oddly, when I have watched Euro 2008, the FF Scan bug was non-existent. However, everything else is still affected.

- Scott is on Vacation.

- I don't know what you mean "Dish is watching us" :confused:

- To clarify, I have conversed with someone in Dish Engineering and they are working on the Fast Forward problem. Note that the problem with L510 (delayed or recorded satellite-delivered 1080i HD Locals) rendered those channels unwatchable, so a fix was quickly delivered. In this case, you can use the 30-second skip ahead instead of FF, so in this case, it seems likely that Dish will be more careful and test the fix (L512 ?) more thoroughly before we get it.

I hope they are working on it. I trust they are. I also have no idea what "Dish is watching us" means. That is what some people have said about this. However, I don't see how Dish screwing with the FF button can enable them to watch us. Other than it forces us to rethink how we use the DVR on some channels. Soooo...perhaps I am just missing the joke.

I have done some testing and ESPN is unaffected by this bug. I find it interesting that sports can still be scanned in FF mode.

- Scott is on Vacation.

- I don't know what you mean "Dish is watching us" :confused:

- To clarify, I have conversed with someone in Dish Engineering and they are working on the Fast Forward problem. Note that the problem with L510 (delayed or recorded satellite-delivered 1080i HD Locals) rendered those channels unwatchable, so a fix was quickly delivered. In this case, you can use the 30-second skip ahead instead of FF, so in this case, it seems likely that Dish will be more careful and test the fix (L512 ?) more thoroughly before we get it.

Last edited:
L511 + OTA = Dead 722

L511 killed my 722 on June 17. It seems that if you add OTA HD locals, and then reset or pass through the 3 am update, the box gets stuck in the Acquiring Satellite Signal loop. (never gets past 3 of 5)

If you reset to factory defaults, and don't add OTA, it works again.

The worst part is I called for service and they replaced my box (taking all my stored programming away with the old one) and the same thing is happenning.

I should have come here first to see that it was a software problem and not a hardware problem. Too bad the DISH representatives were equally ignorant.

Joel

L511 killed my 722 on June 17. It seems that if you add OTA HD locals, and then reset or pass through the 3 am update, the box gets stuck in the Acquiring Satellite Signal loop. (never gets past 3 of 5)

The worst part is I called for service and they replaced my box (taking all my stored programming away with the old one) and the same thing is happenning.

I should have come here first to see that it was a software problem and not a hardware problem. Too bad the DISH representatives were equally ignorant.

Joel

Probably unrelated to L511. I haven't seen this problem and have added a HD to all three of my receivers. Always possible you have a particular configuration of hardware that will have this happen.

According to RandallA's post this software is now rolled out to all ViP622/722's, the last of my 3 just took the update. Time to let this thread die and report in the sticky threads.

L511 deffinitely has major OTA issues.. First OTA Problems I have had with my 622. Twice now have had to reset the box to get my OTA Locals back. Basically when it happens I get the aquiring signal screen on the OTA and then goes to the signal lost screen. Nothing but a reset has fixed it..

I have received L511 3 days ago on both of my VIP622's and have not seen any problems here yet. Every thing works like it should. Dish may have fixed the issues before I got the new software. I have had my 622's for a while and not sure what version (hardware, Date) of 622's I have or when it was manufactured?.

Joel

Yep, The same thing happened to my 622. I noticed I had the new release last Wednesday evening. I decided to SCAN for new local digital channels. Everything was fine when I finished, and it discovered 2 new digital channels. We watched regular satellite TV and DVR recordings without issue the rest of the evening. Apparently the issue occurs after the receiver reboots. The 3AM auto reboot put the receiver into an endless "Searching for Signal" message that would count no higher than 3 of five and get stuck.

A call to dish network support and the tech I spoke with knew that this was a "known problem" with this software release. She said the current solution was to reset to factory defaults, and don't scan for local digital channels until a new release is out.

I'm glad the reset to factory defaults on this 622 isn't as intrusive as it used to be on my 721. The 721 receiver would lose all user settings when you did a factory default reset including favorites lists and all the DVR timer settings.
On my 622, it just lost the favorites list titles (the actual favorite channels were still there but just called list1, list2, etc), and it reset the TV resolution to 480p. All of the DVR event timers were still there too. Much less of a pain to fix these few items.

Sadly, I've got it. And it seems to have created a, or perhaps converted an existing, timer to record "all" Headline News. And yes, FF is erratic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)